How i can get com domain for free?

:disappointed_relieved:how i can get com domain for free?

1 Like

You really canā€™t. Not without buying a plan anyway. Many premium hosting companies (including iFastNet) give you a domain with their paid hosting for free, and let you keep it as long as you keep hosting with them. There used to be a host that would have a raffle to get them for free, but it was only for one year, and they didnā€™t renew them. They donā€™t do those raffles anymore though. If you would be willing to use another TLD extension, Freenom offers TLD domains for free.

3 Likes

With Freenom you cannot register .tk domains for use with this hosting service. You must use other free extensions (example: .ga, .gq, .ml, .cf).

2 Likes

Domain registrars have to pay roughly $8 to the registry and ICANN to register a .com domain name. No sensible registrar will give away domains for absolutely free, because it would cost them a lot of money without any clear way to get it back. Any time you see a ā€œfreeā€ domain name, itā€™s usually included in the price of a hosting package, so you end up paying for it anyways.

We can provide free hosting because the systems are optimized to reduce the costs to a point where it becomes commercially feasible. With domain registrations, most of what you pay is not paid to the registrar but to the registry, and those prices are fixed.

6 Likes

why would one want a .COM domain?

dotcom is so 80ā€™s

buy a real cheap .NA domain of :namibia: Namibia for only ā‚¬ 40ā€™000 per year. Just slightly more costly than those .RICH domains, LAWL :vulcan_salute:t5::grin:

so for one .na you get a whopping 40 thousand .xyz and they are less of a hassle! True, its a 1 year promo, after which itā€™ll cost ā‚¬ 13 like any otherā€¦ but u can auto-expire so uts no big dealā€¦

.com is a most used extension, not 80ā€™s one. .com is used on many commercial websites, including YouTube or Google, and is available for registration from many domain registrars.
Why did you call a .na domain so ā€œreal cheapā€? You said it costs ā‚¬40000 per year, and itā€™s real expensive!

2 Likes

well for paupers like Benetton, who cannot even afford proper bridge-building, it may be a lil dear :vulcan_salute:t5::grin::vulcan_salute:t5::hot_pepper::crying_cat_face:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Weā€™re the two best friends

oh yes i get .com for free
thats my domain

2 Likes

But itā€™s not pointed to InfinityFree. Its mail server is managed by mail.aba.ae and its IP is pointed to 85.17.26.65.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weā€™re the two best friends

:deer:
where do you get those for free? inwx.com sells .xyz for 1ā‚¬ per year, promo price 1st year.
just for diddling around there is openNIC of course to be used in conjunction with blockchainDNS add-on in ffox.
:horse:
have to say that that was 1 ā‚¬ well spent. their GUI offers essentially all features incl. API and I prefer it over namecheap.com freeDNS, which is not too bad either but stillā€¦
:mountain_biking_woman:
if u wanna play around I can give u a free subdomain for namecheap to goof around with for gigglesā€¦ reply below OKā€¦ :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.