How to activate Comodo certificate with free hosting?

How do I go about activating a Comodo signed certificate if I can’t validate through webmail or use CSR hashes? I have attempted to validate using CNAME but it is not working either.

Here’s the domain for the record: https://tinyurl.com/y6dalcro

I recommend you to use CloudFlare to get free SSL certificate. You only need to change nameservers, no need to validate.

I managed to get the certificate activated and uploaded. I like CF but I am setting up a honeypot, so no proxies. Now, I’m curious as to how quickly it will be installed on the domain. Is this a nightly thing or do i have to request?

clowdflare is great for ssl certs… ONLY ONE TO THREE PAGES OF YOUR WEBSITE, PLEASE NOTE OTHER PAGES ARE LIABLE TO CRASH (NOT SHOW ICONS OR PICTURES)

this is what they don not tell you.

Webmail validation should work in most cases, and CNAME validation should always work.

If it doesn’t, can you please provide a bit more information about what you saw? What were the instructions Comodo gave you? What did you actually configure? What happened when you tried to complete the validation?

I’m guessing it just took a while for everything to propagate. CNAME worked after an hour or so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.