How to automatically redirect url to exclude "?i=1"?

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

imagienworld.rf.gd

So I understand ?i=1 is important, and I’m not exactly removing it here, just hiding it from the user. How do I redirect all (*) urls of my site to exclude “?i=1”? Do I use php or add .htaccess rules? I still want to have my own query strings, like for example:

"imagienworld.rf.gd?i=1&example=1""imagienworld.rf.gd?example=1",
and
"imagienworld.rf.gd?example=1&i=1""imagienworld.rf.gd?example=1",
and obviously
"imagienworld.rf.gd?i=1""imagienworld.rf.gd"

You can get a custom domain and use Cloudflare to remove it.

Follow the guide below once you have your custom domain.

2 Likes

I don’t have any money to buy custom domains, I don’t want to remove the “?i=1” functionality, just hide it, and I don’t want cloudflare on my site. I found elsewhere on this forum that someone was able to redirect their urls to not have "?i=1"s anymore, although they never provided the details. My infinityfree site seems to be accessible by a url without “?i=1” after I first entered the site, so it is literally a matter of redirecting to hide the “?i=1” from the user I think.

This community guide may help:

Another example is mentioned here:

Look up ?i=1 on the search tool, there should be more examples if you need them.

You don’t necessarily need it. There are services like eu.org, pp.ua and FreeDNS, that offer free subdomains that can function as a custom domain (provided you’re allowed to change nameservers).

Here’s an example guide for pp.ua:

7 Likes

Eee, sorry I couldn’t reply to your answer sooner. How do you register a subdomain with FreeDNS for free? It looks like a hosting service to me, where you add your own purchased domains for them to host.

1 Like

After you register for an account, you visit the Domain Registry : Page 1 of 334 and pick one of the public domains available there (such as my.to) to create a subdomain of (eg. subdomain.my.to). Free accounts have NS records disabled by default, so you’ll need to contact their admin and ask them to enable them on your account if you wish to use it on a service like InfinityFree.

4 Likes

What is an NS record? Does it stand for nameserver record? What does it do? And what do I write to the admin of FreeDNS? When they enable the NS records, what do I do afterwards?

1 Like

Yes.

It indicates the nameserver that (will) hold(s) the subdomain’s DNS records. It practically allows you to use a nameserver, for example ns1.epizy.com, for that subdomain and use it with InfinityFree.

This is what I’d written in 2018 (altered slightly):

To whom it may concern,

First of all, I would like to thank you for providing us with such a great service, so that we can create our online presence using one of the subdomains available.

I recently tried to change my record for the subdomain [subdomain here] and point it to the nameserver [nameserver], and I got the following message:
“NS records on dynamic dns domains are currently restricted, contact an admin for assistance to have it enabled”

I would greatly appreciate it if you could enable it for me.

Keep in mind that things may have changed, I’m not even sure if they’re still disabled but I think they are. So try creating a subdomain out for yourself and if you get the same/a similar error message, write to the admin to ask if he can enable NS records on your account.
You can also mention that your host requires the subdomain to point to a nameserver before an account is created, so you can’t use A or CNAME records.

If you have already created the subdomain (under a different record), it will be listed in FreeDNS - Free subdomain AND domain hosting!, so you will be able to change the record from whatever you selected to ns1.epizy.com, and select “NS” as the type of record you want to create.

Otherwise, if it hasn’t been created, visit the domain registry again and attempt to recreate it.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.