How to Change domain name?

epiz_26825424

Like example I want to change my domain name sigitas.epizy.com to anything else, like code.epizy.com.
What is easiest way to do? Delete old account, and create new? Can I change name some how(but as I’ve read in other questions, I can not change domain name, isn’t?).
I read I can add subdomain, but I don’t want to add subdomain.
Thank you

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Alternatively, you create a new subdomain, and move your files to your new subdomain. Easy.

3 Likes

Yes, I understood, but it will be even longer name… code.sigitas.epizy.com isn’t? Maybe it is good reason for trial site, but I don’t want to have main site with so long name :wink: :grin:
And I know I can have few accounts on InfinityFree ?

you cant create code.sigitas.epizy.com because sigitas.epizy.com is a subdomain. Im pretty sure you cant create a subdomian of a subdomain or for some cases like with the eu.org domain with cloudflare you can!

1 Like

You can just select epizy.com from the Subdomains menu too. The Subdomains menu is both for subdomains of domains you already have, as well as for free Subdomains from domains we provide.

4 Likes

So if I create subdomain using epizy.com, it won’t be like example code.sigitas.epizy.com, it could be just code.epizy.com ? And I can upload different files and it will be like independent website?

Of course. You can select any domain name in the dropdown list in the Subdomains page. If you select sigitas.epizy.com, your subdomain will be like code.sigitas.epizy.com. If you select epizy.com, your subdomain will be like code.epizy.com.

Subdomains are always created with a separate website directory. So it being an independent website is the only way it can work.

3 Likes

Didnt know about this as I usually use addon domains from freenom.com or eu.org

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.