[OBSOLETE?] How to create a free professional Email Account with Yandex

THIS MAY BE OBSOLETE. There are reports that Yandex has discontinued their free business offer. Feel free to try this guide, but it may not work anymore. If you did try this, please reply to the topic to let us know if it was still possible.

If this offer is no longer available, you can get free email through Zoho Mail, or use email forwarding through ImprovMX or Cloudflare.

How to make your own email

Hello! I'm making an updated "How to create your own free email account" Which was created by @Soundar. In that tutorial, he used the postale.io email service. However, they shut down the Free plan. For this tutorial, I am gonna use Yandex.
  1. Go to connect.yandex.com and create the account
  2. Click on the ‘Try-Out’ button
  3. Fill in the information needed.
  4. Go to connect.yandex.com (a g a i n)
  5. Go to cloudflare.com and sign up for it
  6. Add an MX record. mx.yandex.net and set priority as 10.
  7. Webmaster tab and click add domain
  8. For Verification, use the DNS method and set the TTL as 2mins
  9. click the check button. It now should say Confirmed and Ready to go.

WOOOOOOHOOOO! You added a domain to your Yandex account.

10. Click Admin tools. (specifically *Add an employee button*)
  1. FIll in just the First and Lastname and the [email protected] and set the language and create the account.

You have now created an account.

if you want to use a mail client like Gmail Spark etc, you need to enable IMAP/POP access in your inbox.

Yandex.Mail set this up as a way to protect your account.
  1. Go to mail.yandex.com and login if you have to
  2. Click on the gear icon :gear:
  3. Click more settings
  4. Click Email clients in the left side navigation bar
  5. Enable portal password.

That’s it.
Do you guys want me to make a video instructing you on how to set this up if this post is a bit hard to understand?

10 Likes

I prefer postale.io better over yandex…
My opinion

They no longer offer free.

4 Likes

What? I already have an account which is free

You cant create anymore accounts

1 Like

Oh…
Well, that’s sad :frowning:

2 Likes

I prefer yandex over postale because it treats the email account as a separate yandex account (though you can manage it through the main account) and you get all the features of a new yandex account (10 GB storage, etc.).

The only con I can think of yandex is some of their help pages are still russian and has not been translated to english.

And again this is my opinion :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (I always use that emoji)

9 Likes

yeah!

4 Likes

Haha, Yandex is also preferable, on one day me and @HaydenANG were debating on this and we both found Yandex not privacy friendly.
And he switched to gSuite and I went to postale.io
And postale has temporarily made their plan paid,

And I am also looking for a alternative.

And @anon2458064 , A nice article!

4 Likes

Thx!

2 Likes

I use improvmx that’s best

1 Like

together with gmail?

2 Likes

Well, yes, that suits for people who are lazy to manage multiple inboxes…
But I still want to look for an easy alternative

2 Likes

Lemme know when u found the alternative…

1 Like

Yea, but as far as i know it is only a email forwarder. Yandex allows you to send mail,10gigs of storage and more!

No I have connected it with my gmail, I can easily send and receive mails right from my gmail just like gsuite

1 Like

Yes ofcourse

@KangJL @anon77371365 @anon2458064 @anon19508339 @ManuTheCoder "Send Mail As" with an email alias on Gmail — ImprovMX

I send and receive emails right from my gmail account :smile: and with the features of Gmail.

1 Like

Good for you.

2 Likes