How to get email verification working in elgg, or other social media?

i have tried all social media softaculous installation but no users can register coz email verification not working i checked all of there support and here is the last option to come please devs help me out

You need to read this

2 Likes

You will need to setup an email box in an external source, such as Gmail, Yandex, ImprovMX, etc.

3 Likes

guide me

how to do so?

I use free ImprovMX. Go to improvmx.com and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up.

1 Like

to @everyone and @Admin please make a detailed guide of how to install phpmailer in infinityfree system somewhat similar to https://www.000webhost.com/forum/t/how-to-use-phpmailer/134686 but its for 000webhost and not working here

Did you read?

1 Like

i am not using wordpress i am using oxwall

Using nulled scripts will get you permanent suspension

If you can afford $700 software, you can afford premium hosting. Free Hosting is not built for applications like that, and you will reach a suspension super fast.

softaculous app installer allows installing elgg in free version

Of course it doesn’t work, the instructions are wrong. PhpMailer must be installed with Composer. You can’t just download it, drop it on your site and expect it to work.

And there are some awful things in that tutorial. Downloading PhpMailer from the master branch instead of a tagged release? Not recommending 2FA and relying on the magic Less Secure Apps/Captcha thing? Completely disabling all SSL security by DEFAULT when using GMAIL? It may have worked at some point. But it’s completely insecure and definitely not how you should be using PHPMailer.

That’s why we didn’t write a guide and instead provide our own contact form with PHPMailer integrated. It has a simple interface, a straight forward setup procedure, it follows best practices and just works.

And that’s ignoring the fact that you can’t just slam PHPMailer into an existing script. Most scripts provide a way to use SMTP out of the box, or have plugins or modules that integrate that functionality.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.