How to get Free SSL certificate ?

NOTE:- This is a helping guide for new people , admin is requested not to add reply to it…Thanks.
Go and Sign up to cloudflare.com
add your domain name.
change the name servers of your domain by going to your domain registrar.(do not worry cloudflare’s step by step guide is easy to follow)
and most important be patient for up to 2 days untill the ssl certificate is active on your site,this is due to a thing called DNS propagation.
After this is done turn on force https:// redirection in the settings…
And you are done… :wink: :wink: :wink:
I recommend doing it just after registering your domain to infinityfree.net for free hosting,then after you can upload your website data using FTP…
Enjoy your free SSL…

@Rikhi55 said:
NOTE:- This is a helping guide for new people , admin is requested not to add reply to it…Thanks.
add your domain name.
change the name servers of your domain by going to your domain registrar.(do not worry cloudflare’s step by step guide is easy to follow)
and most important be patient for up to 2 days untill the ssl certificate is active on your site,this is due to a thing called DNS propagation.
I recommend doing it just after registering your domain to infinityfree.net for free hosting,then after you can upload your website data using FTP…
Enjoy your free SSL…

A Very Good Guide, let me post a similar one:
Step 1:
Enable CloudFlare through Control Panel
Step 2:
Login to CloudFlare with the email and password you had on InfinityFree
Step 3:
Go to Crypto Section and select Full SSL
Step 4:
Wait for it to activate, it usually takes 1-24 hours.
You are done, you have a Free SSL installed and you don’t need to worry about anything.
Enjoy better ranking at Google and Better Security for your visitors!

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:
add your domain name.
Enjoy your free SSL…

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Step 4:
You are done, you have a Free SSL installed and you don’t need to worry about anything.

Sorry for the late reply …
I was busy with my site so didn’t got a chance to see the support forum …
I think there was MX Records issue using this method as i searched the knowledge base when i was looking for free ssl and was unable to receive mails due to MX Records issue…

@Rikhi55 said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:
add your domain name.
Enjoy your free SSL…

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3:
Step 4:

Sorry for the late reply …
I was busy with my site so didn’t got a chance to see the support forum …
I think there was MX Records issue using this method as i searched the knowledge base when i was looking for free ssl and was unable to receive mails due to MX Records issue…

Yes, Cloudflare breaks incoming email.
You may want to use Cloudflare directly (Not the cpanel integration).
And change your DNS name servers to Cloudflare and when you sign up don’t worry cause all the A records will automatically point to InfinityFree, meaning your files hosted on InfinityFree will be online cause there is an A record that points to InfinityFree.

If you are not really good at DNS stuffs, then I don’t recommend you to this.
Cloudflare is not a web hosting BTW

1 Like