How to get SSL on custom domains (Guide)

Changed.

1 Like

So how can we setup for Subdomains because mine isn’t working on my .rf.gd

You can get a Sectigo 30-day free trial of their certificate for that kind of subdomain.

1 Like

Link

Just search it on google.

1 Like

thanx for the tutorial
if only it was that easy

You must use a custom domain. Example: magnus.com You are using a SUBDOMAIN. This Guide will not work for subdomains. *.rf.gd is a subdomain.

1 Like

Example of a subdomain: test.ergastolator.website
Example of a TLD (Top Level Domain): ergastolator.website

So, you must use a TLD (Top Level Domain) to input as a custom domain. rf.gd looks like it’s a TLD, but it’s a subdomain!

1 Like

thanx
but if i use my Custom domain | http://network1.epizy.com/ |
i get the Same result …

Your custom domain MUST NOT be a subdomain!

this makes NO Sense …

^^^^^

1 Like

That is a subdomain toooooooooooo… The epizy.com part is a TLD (Custom Domain) if you add network1. to epizy.com (network1.epizy.com) it becomes a subdomain.

Custom Domain would be: network1.com

1 Like

so are you saying that i have to enter
network1
and nothing else ?

You would need to purchase network1.com from a domain registar.

1 Like

If you already registered a domain through a Domain Registrar you should enter the domain name you registered through it, but first you should point it to ns1.byet.org, ns2.byet.org, ns3.byet.org, ns4.byet.org and ns5.byet.org!

1 Like

thanx for your help guys
i didnt realize that i had to BUY the domain FIRST
BEFORE , i enter it as a custom domain
so so so difficult, to initiate a simple procedure .

1 Like

@Magnus, I wanted to report another error: both subdomains and domains hosted on InfinityFree automatically get a self-signed SSL certificate, despite other providers that have a valid SSL certificate only on subdomains. So whether is the type chosen at the time of creation of an account on InfinityFree, they will have a self-signed certificate.

1 Like

The certificate is invalid though. But I will add that to the top part, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.