How to get the full values of the DNS record

I would like to change the domains name servers of my custom domain (www.domain.com) to those of infinityfree.

Infinityfree only gives me the name of the record (ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com), but my domain manager asks me for the name, type and value of the DNS record.

How can I get this other data?

I guess you are using the DNS Manager itself , I would love to know which domain provider or DNS Provider you use to further assistance or You can Simply do it via DNS Manager itself if they support “NS” records.

Record 1.

DNS name = example.com or subdomain.example.com
Type = NS
DNS record = ns1.epizy.com

Record 2

DNS name = example.com or subdomain.example.com
Type = NS
DNS Record = ns2.epizy.com

Note : “example.com” and “subdomain.example.com” are just examples which you should replace with your actual domain accordingly.

Regards,
Shadoxyve

Note that you want to set the nameservers, NOT the DNS NS setting. They are different. Please ask your domain provider how to set nameservers.

3 Likes

Sorry but what’s wrong with it? They both does the same thing over here.

They yet gotta give you same output at this point.

3 Likes

Yup but what i provided is quick solution at this case and Thanks for correcting me!

1 Like

You are linking to something called DNS and Nameserver, completely different, but NS records and Nameservers serve the same use.

EDIT: For subdomains and not for the main

2 Likes

Agreed. I use NX records with cloudflare from start of domain verification on infinityfree.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand what I have to change. On this page of my domain manager I think I have to delete the domain names already set or add the infintyfree ones in the lines below. The only problem is that I am asked for the ip address. Where can I find it?
Immagine 2022-04-19 154345

1 Like

You are at right page already!

DNS 1

Hostname : ns1.epizy.com
IP : 107.189.11.47

DNS 2

Hostname : ns2.epizy.com
IP : 198.251.86.152

Save it then you are good to go!

4 Likes

perfect! thank you very much

2 Likes

You’re welcome and Have a good day!

3 Likes

Hi, infinityfree says it can take up to 76 hours for the dns change to take effect. So far it’s been over 76 hours since I changed it, but I’m told that the dns still don’t point to infinityfree. At this point I wonder if the ip addresses are wrong or if the problem is with my registrar. Is it possible that these ip addresses are wrong? Thank you

Can you share a screenshot of the setup you have now (nameservers)? Thanks!

Sure, here it is

2 Likes

I would love to assist you if you provide domain name and Domain Register name :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Domain: voglio-lavorare.it
Domain register name: register.it

2 Likes

Unfortunately, your domain will not work on Infinityfree:

5 Likes

thanks for the explanation

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.