How to host the same website on several custom domain

I want the same files/website to be served at both myethereumnode.net and myethereumdatabase[dot]net.

How to do this without managing the files separately (so that if I update myethereumnode[dot]net it also updates myethereumdatabase.net content) while still having the website available on both domain names without any kind of redirection?

Add one of those domains as a “parked domain” instead of adding it as an “add-on domain”.

1 Like

Please do not create multiple topics. It will not get your topic answered any quicker.

2 Likes

@alexvf doesn’t parked domain triggers cname redirection? I want both myethereumnode.net and myethereumdatabase.net to be reachable as if it were separated websites (but with the same content).

Its behavior depends on the code of the website.

If your website is all written using relative URLs and doesn’t have it’s domain defined in the code somewhere, it will work as a different website.

On the other hand, if you’re using, for example, Wordpress, that has the URL defined in the database, it will redirect to your main domain.

The InfinityFree’s Knowledge Base explains it like this:

What is a Parked Domain?

Similarly to an Addon Domain, you can add your own domain name to your account using the Parked Domains section. But instead of creating a new website folder for the domain, you can select an existing domain to “park” your new domain on. By doing so, both domains will serve the same website.

However, note that Parked Domains simply mean that the domains both serve content from the same directory. With a simple HTML website or very basic PHP site, the same website will be shown on both domains. However, when using a more complex script or CMS, the results may vary. For example, WordPress always redirects visitors to the Website URL configured in the WordPress settings, so the parked domains will be redirected to the original domain.

So by default, Parked Domains will show the same website, but the actual results may differ depending on the content you’re hosting on the site your domain is parked on.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.