How to transfer a domain name

thanks

I hear what you say, and I have no idea about “affiliations” here…

but what does

NameSilo offers domain names at the best no-nonsense price.

actually mean?

Can they compete? Like I pay € 1 per year with auto-expire via web-I/F and SOA-record change as well as both master & slave operation. Try to beat that with your “affiliates”. Anyone interested which competitor that is? :hot_pepper::deer:

€1 per year sounds too good to be true. Is that a .com domain? And is that the renewal rate, or just the first year promotional price?

NameSilo charges $8.99 per year for a .com domain. That’s for registration, transfer and renewal. Which is not the same as “$8.99 per year”* (* = $50 per year afterwards, minimum registration period is 10 years). And they include free WHOIS privacy, DNS management, email forwarding and web forwarding.

VeriSign and ICANN charge a base price of $8 or so per year for a .com domain. Any provider selling the domains for less than that would be selling the domains at a loss.

That’s what they mean by “no-nonsense price”. They don’t do impossible first year promos and try to rob you with addons or renewals.

Yes, we do have an affiliate deal with NameSilo, but I do genuinely believe that they provide a good service. You will see that infinityfree.net and epizy.com are registered with NameSilo as well.

This is a great webhosting company and I just hope that it will always provide a free service. I can be hard to always move around…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.