How to Upload Big Files

Hello, So I was working on a website through wordpress and I had to upload some files into it. So I try to upload those file intro the main folder I use Filezilla and follow those steps to upload the file but when it get 100% complete the file delete or something happened and I couldn’t find it anywhere

The file is not too big it just like 2-3gb I hope you can fix this problem and I also need a step by step process to do that :sweat_smile:

And ya I also used wordpress plugins to increase the upload size and get the same error

6 Likes

Max file size is 10mb on free hosting

You can upgrade to premium hosting

I tried with FTP Manger but get some errors
unknown-9
And still it didn’t work :smiling_face_with_tear:

I am just a student :pensive: and i don’t have money that’s why I choose this host, please is there any other way ? :pleading_face: Or can you just tell me a file shearing site where I can share files without download link expaire ? (I mean download expaires under 12-24 hours and that’s the problem because I want a link that never expaires)

Hello @Gamer-King,

I had your problem and I solved it by uploading manually with FTP.
I don’t want to be an asshole but Filezilla is the worst FTP software, I am using WinSCP, no error no connection time out.

Regards,
Valentin

That is what the OP is trying to do.

1. please refrain from using curse words here.
  2. both FileZilla and WinSCP have the timeout. It is initiated by the server, not the client. And I’m sure WinSCP would bug out from a queue of 2-3gb (speaking from experience, yes).

@Gamer-King, try uploading all of the files in chunks, like one folder at a time to keep the queue size down. Also, your local backup doesn’t include a database backup, does it?

3 Likes

Please see this article:

In short, there is a 10 MB file size limit on our hosting which cannot be increased.

What to do with the 2-3 GB file depends on what the file is about. If it’s an archive with code for your website, please extract the folder on your own computer and upload the extracted folder with FileZilla. If it’s a file that should be available to download, please upload it to a file sharing site like Mega or Google Drive and just put a link to the download on your website instead.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.