How to use cloudfare with infinity-free

I tried let;s encrypt but it said there is something wrong with my domain… I don’t know why Sectigo does work…

You had to use your nameservers to do the TXT record validation…

Ah… thanks for that! I will give that a go the next time if comodo fails!

For some reason, my https has stopped working, it is not secured anymore… I thought i read somewhere on this forum that Infinity-free does not support let’s encrypt? I will try using let’s encrypt and under certbot, which should I choose for the software and host?

You don’t have a UNIX system yet to use Certbot, and remember that Certbot needs to use the Let’s Encrypt ACME validation system, so remember to use your domain registrar’s nameservers to then create TXT records for the main domain and the www validation!

So, I guess I can’t use let’s encrypt because I don’t have a unix system? I guess it is just my bad luck then and I don’t know why my website is not encrypted anymore

iFastNet sometimes puts back their self-signed certificate instead of the one you’ve just installed. CloudFlare doesn’t do that.

Ok… I guess I have to use cloudfare…

When entering the cloudfare nameservers, must I delete the infinity-free nameservers or can I leave it there?

Certbot only works if you can use the tool on the server where your website is hosted as well, which you can’t do with free hosting (and most other web hosting services). You can run Certbot on your own computer, but you will not be able to get SSL for your website with it. Certbot is most useful if you have your own server.

Never, ever, ever mix different sets of nameservers, unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing and what the consequences will be. Which is almost never.

If you want to move your domain to Cloudflare’s nameservers, you should remove our nameservers and only use Cloudflare’s nameservers.

1 Like

I am using cloudfare at the moment but can someone confirm with me whether should comodo ssl work? You said that sometimes, infinity-free will get rid of this because it doesn’t support ssl cerficiate? I guess then cloudfare is the only way to use ssl?

There have been problems in the past where a website somehow reverts to the self signed SSL certificate, but that is a bug with our SSL setup, and is not affected by the choice of SSL vendor.

We don’t have any restrictions regarding SSL vendors. You can install an SSL certificate from any recognized SSL vendor here.

We do support SSL certificates and it’s supposed to “just work”. Any issues using particular SSL certificates are a bug, not an intentional block.

thanks because I tried comodo ssl and it was working for a while but then it said insecure after that but I read somewhere in your forum that says infinity-free does not support any ssl on the freehost and also ot supporting api because I need to get my curl working

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.