How to use php-fpm (fastcgi)? [Free account]

So, I used to use fastcgi socket in nginx as below. How can I do the same in infinityfree apache server?

server {
       location ~ \.php$ {
              include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
              fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;
       }
}

Welcome. Please make sure to choose the correct category next time.

This is the first time I have heard of such a thing, and a basic google search tells me that it’s probably not possible to host here.

I’ll let someone with a bit more knowledge give you a definite answer.

2 Likes

On localhost I assume?

We already have php files handled through the Apache PHP module. So just upload your file and navigate your browser to the path and you should see the processed php as you did in localhost.

2 Likes

We provide a shared web hosting service. That means we control the server software stack that your website runs on. It’s our responsibility to provide a hosting platform that’s fast, reliable and secure. You can be sure that the platform is managed by experts so you don’t need to worry about the details.

The flip side of is that you cannot choose the software stack yourself. We use (I think) Apache with mod_php on the backend with an NGINX in front. We don’t use PHP-FPM, PHP-FPM is not installed on our servers and you cannot install it yourself. You can configure some things in Apache with .htaccess files, but not core settings like how PHP code is executed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.