.htaccess file problem

https://terabyte-techs.42web.io

.htaccess file disappeared from the root of said site when human error occured on my part whilst inputting blocked IP ranges(see image inline attached.

please advise and assist?

thanks, J

Likely due to this

2 Likes

I didn’t delete it or upload elsewhere KangJL. this isn’t my first rodeo with websites or hosting svces, i’ve been doing this kind of webdav for almost 3 decades but this in fact the first time i’ve seen .htaccess seemingly vanish from the root directory whilst using the cpanel to input blocks on for example, all of North Korea, all of Libya and since i’m no friend to a specific site in question, all of Facebook in cidr format. again what gives as now i see no blocks in IP blocker cpanel but can still reach the site fine. please advise?

thanks

Did you read the article I posted?
If not, please read.
The answer is right there.

1 Like

okay that topic still didn’t answer my question or inquiry. this is what is missing from the root

Powered by Site.pro

ModPagespeed off ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault A0 ExpiresByType image/gif A691200 ExpiresByType image/png A691200 ExpiresByType image/jpeg A691200 ExpiresByType text/css A691200 ExpiresByType text/javascript A691200 ExpiresByType application/javascript A691200 Require all denied Order allow,deny ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized" ErrorDocument 403 "Forbidden" #Options -MultiViews RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*) RewriteRule .* - [e=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%1] RewriteRule ^\.well-known/.+ - [L] #### PERSISTENT CONTENT #### #### PERSISTENT CONTENT END #### DirectoryIndex index.php index.cgi index.html RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^\/(js\/(main\.js|bootstrap\.min\.js)|css\/(\d+\.css|common\.css|site\.css|bootstrap\.min\.css))$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sitepro/$1 [L,QSA] #### PERSISTENT CONTENT ####

I can see that you do not read.
Let me quote the answer for you.

Can you see the answer now?

1 Like

I read fine, I missed the .htaccess size but thanks for clarifying it. appreciated

1 Like

Welcome, I do admit that these articles can be quite lengthy sometimes…

1 Like

okay so if I reload the .htaccess file with just the default content intact it should re-appear I’m going to guess??

If you do not exceed the 10kb size limit…

2 Likes

excellence. that worked, thanks KangJL :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.