.htaccess file seems to have no effect

My website URL is:

idearealm.ga

What I’m seeing is:

I wish to redirect traffic from the base domain to a subdirectory called /mes, to make the “full” domain idearealm.ga/mes. However, upon creating a .htaccess file in the htdocs directory and adding instructions, I still get the “Let’s Make Something Awesome” default page, instead of a redirect.

I’m using this software:

I use the WordPress CMS for the /mes subdir, but I use the Monsta FTP Client for the main site.

Additional information:

I also created a PHP 301 permanent redirect to “idearealm.ga/mes” and called it “index”. Nothing changed.

Your domain is NOT pointing to our nameservers! Change them to ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org and add your domain on the “Parked Domains” section of the Control Panel!

Thanks! I’ve changed the nameservers, but as for parking, idearealm.ga is already the only addon domain for that account. But still no change when the site is reloaded.

Just FYI, your domain name is currently using the nameserver ns1.byet., this should be ns1.byet.org. Running on one nameserver should work, but having two working nameservers is much better than having just one.

I also see you are using Cloudflare, which means your website is cached which may result in changes taking longer to be visible.

That said, your domain’s main page seems to load a WordPress site for me now. Is that what you wanted to happen?

Thanks! The site works perfectly now, although I replaced WordPress with something else

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.