I am not able to make REST request

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_30951833 and krishna-acharya.rf.gd

Error Message

405 Method Not Allowed

Other Information

Thank you for your free hosting services.
I have hosted a site, which makes GET, DELETE, POST, PUT, PATCH, GET
however, i am able to mage get request but other methods are blocked

Can you please star what these “other” methods are for?

Also, are these SQL statements, or something else?

Thanks!

These are http methods which are implemented in projects with restful api.
My project makes use of restful api, for deleting, creating, updating the resources of the site. This project demonstrate my skill on restful api and other programming patterns to the recruiter.
I would be very thankful if you allow these methods on http request.
Thank you

It sounds like this security block may be preventing you.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the link and the information on it. I have completely read security policy and completely agree with it, however, the restful request being made does not violate and fall under any of the mentioned criteria. and also the request are also made with in the same domain ie it is not a Cross Origin Request. so i request you review on this issue again.
Thank you

Got it.

I actually don’t know that much about REST requests or how they work, so someone else will certainly be able to help you better than I can.

POST requests should definitely work, because basically any website with any kind of interactive content uses them.

I took a quick look at your site to see what it was built with.

Are you sure that this response is not generated by your code? If you use a complex web framework, you may have to specify which for which request method your route is available. And if you define a route as being a GET route, then the code will refuse other request methods.

1 Like

Yes, i am sure that this is not being generated by my code. GET and POST methods works fine, but when i try to make DELETE or PUT or PATCH request, then i get this error. I have also try to check it by returning text on the very first line of my code. ie i die(“hello”) on first file and first line of code. even then i am getting this error. then i realise that the server is blocking the request method.

Ah right. You said only GET works, which shouldn’t be the case. POST should also work.

The other HTTP keywords are indeed blocked on our end. I don’t know why they are blocked, but I do know that websites rarely use them.

1 Like

Websites using restful technology, which is very common technology these days, requires these http methods. Is there any way you can allow these methods? This would be very helpful for the programmers like me. so we can host websites developed on these technology and demonstrate our skill to the recruiter.

REST is very common technology, yes, but primarily for APIs, not websites.

We can probably allow these methods if there is sufficient demand. But seeing how we only get one request every few years about it, apparently it’s not that big of a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.