I cant connect to infinity free server to file zilla software

hello every one, i am using file zilla as my ftp client. when i fill up my user name, password, host and port fields, when i click quick connect it is not connecting and i am getting following log:

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

so please help me.
thanks for advance

sorry i dint post complete log. so here is complete one

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1030 of 3900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 13:40. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

This means that your connection doesn’t support Explicit TLS connections to the server. Can you try to connect with Plain FTP instead to the server? That should fix the issue.

2 Likes

Did you try to follow the steps from this article already?

https://infinityfree.net/support/i-cannot-connect-to-ftp/

The log tells me that something on your network is preventing you from setting up a secure FTP connection. You can work around this by disabling encrypted FTP or using a VPN.

But you may also want to ask your network administrator or internet provider as to why they won’t let you connect securely.

2 Likes

i tryed but doesnt work, some where in here this forum i found that i use plain ftp encription, but it says that it is insecure. so, please tell me some other alternatives

There is no other altenative. FTP is techinically not secure.

1 Like

Like I said: try a VPN or ask your network administrator or internet provider to look into this.

While FTP is not a super secure protocol by design, it’s quite OK if you use the encrypted version. So you should use that at all times, and only use plain FTP to confirm encrypted FTP really is the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.