i cant use require fuction it displays a

the header and footer acn dispaly as aresult i get a blank page yet all fles are in the root document.

<?php require('header.php');?>
		<div id="content">
			<form method="post" action="check_in.php">
				<fieldset>
					<legend>Login</legend>
					<span>Email</span><br /><input placeholder="email" type="text" name="email" class="email"><br />
					<div style="margin: 8px auto;"><span>Password</span><br /><input placeholder="Password" type="password" name="pwd" class="pass"></div>
					<center><input type="submit" class="btn" value="Login"></center>
				</fieldset>
			</form>
			<center>
				<div id="menu">New here? , <a href="register.php">register</a>&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp;<a href="about">About</a>
				</center>
				<?php require("footer.php"); ?>
			</div>

Can you explain little bit more? Your point is somewhat unclear to me.

Make sure this code/script is on one location (folder) as your header and footer. Otherwise, you need to get back up to one folder, which can be done by adding ../ at the beginning of your script name (../header.php)

Or, since the header and footer were on root document, you can simply type /header.php

I checked your website and it seems to be working fine from here.

@Joo_Nath said:
Or, since the header and footer were on root document, you can simply type /header.php

Does that work? I know it works with URLs, but I’m not sure about file includes. To my knowledge, using an absolute path like /header.php will search for the file in the root of the disk, not of the website.

Oh, nevermind. I think of XAMPP’s structure at the time where htdocs equals to root in that software.