I’m getting the below error today while accessing FTP through FileZilla FTP client

Hi There,
I’m getting the below error today while accessing FTP through FileZilla FTP client.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 415 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 00:37. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 502 AUTH TLS OK.
Command: AUTH SSL
Error: Could not connect to server

Please see the issue and help me out.

As you can see the outcome of me using the command is;

Command: AUTH SSL
Response: 500 This security scheme is not implemented

However AUTH TLS says;

Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.

Do you enter the AUTH SSL command or is it automatically entered?

It is automatically entered.

Ok, many people have had this issue before, can you try connecting through a vpn, like WindScribe, as it may be a firewall issue.

The outage you replied to was resolved already. And the error message during the outage and what you get are very different.

I split your topic this time. But next time, please don’t ask your question in an outage topic unless 100% absolutely sure that your issue is exactly as described in the outage topic. Because if it’s different, it’s unrelated, and it doesn’t help anyone to have a bunch of unrelated topics mixed into one huge topic.

To answer your question, your FTP logs are weird. Normally, FileZilla should either use TLS or SSL, and our servers only support TLS. But the status code is wrong as well.

I just tried to connect to your account and didn’t get any issues like that. Can you please try again now? It might have been a temporary glitch.

2 Likes

Hello, FileZila is not reccomended, I reccomend WinSCP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.