I need to get a webpage hosted. Can someone help me? This is my first time here at InfinityFree

I’m a private money loan broker. I have a webpage that was created by Bing. It has a form for clients to fill out with their name, phone number, email address, and amount of funding needed. I have a domain name that I purchased from GoDaddy.(www.godaddy.com) It is: privatemoneyforus.com. I know that one of the things I should ask for is the IP address. But what else must I do? Help me, please?

1 Like

Do this

7 Likes

Thank you, KangJL. I’ve just completed this step with the help of a representative at GoDaddy. I’ve uploaded a screenshot showing that this process has been completed. What must I do next? How do I make sure my domain name is linked to my webpage?

Then you’ll need to go to the client area ,create a new hosting account ,and type your domain(privatemoneyforus.com)when selecting the domain.
If I get it correct you’ll need to go here:
https://dash.infinityfree.com

Hi Frank419,

I’m somewhat confused. There is a button for two types of domain names: Subdomain and Custom Domain. Which do I choose?

Custom domain,of course.

1 Like

Hi Frank419,

Thanks for your reply.

How do I make sure my domain name is linked to my webpage? This is a copy of my webpage.

As far as I see:

It seems your domain hasn’t started working due to dns caching.See

1 Like

Okay. So what should I do about this? Should I go ahead follow through Step 2, and click “Create Account” since it shows that my domain name is available?

That’s kinda…Obvious.
I thought you have already setup your account :joy:

1 Like

Okay, I see that the reason for the “No Sponsors” error message was because I did not create my account yet. That has now been done, as indicated by the image below. I’m going to go ahead and click the “Finish” button.

Hi Frank419,

Thanks once again for your reply.

Who must I ask about the IP address to my webpage and will I need to upload a copy of my webpage or send the HTML codes to my webpage?

You could just click that orange “File manager” in the client area.There’s no need to ask for IP address.
You could also use the ftp credentials shown in client area to connect to ftp

Hi Frank419,

I clicked the orange “File Manager” button. It took me to the webpage below. Where would I need to upload the copy of my webpage or the HTML codes to it?

The htdocs folder.
I think it is clear about the information that

DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE
6 Likes

Hi Frank419,

Okay, I found the area where I must upload the files to my webpage. It is indicated by the image below. What files will I need to upload? Is it both the file that has the copy of my webpage and the file containing HTML codes to my webpage? Do I need to click the upload icon at the bottom left corner of this webpage?

Likely yes.

I think drag and drop will work as well

2 Likes

Hi KangJL,

There is an “index2.html” file in this folder. Do I leave it there or delete it?

You can delete it

2 Likes

Hi KangJL,

These are the files I uploaded:

1. HTML Code For Webpage.(2).docx
  2. Web capture_24-5-2023_232449_.jpeg
  3. web.html

In regard to permissions, Must all three boxes under Owner, Group, and Public be checked for all three files?