I/O Suspension (x5)

Bad plugin update possibly

1 Like

I suspect that this is may be the case too. I was told the issue was resolved, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ll ask iFastNet to check again.

2 Likes

Great, thanks!

T-3 hours until the suspension ends, and the I/O graph marker for today hasn’t dipped below the red line, probably will suspend again, unfortunately for me. :confused:

Screenshot 2021-09-29 8.42.26 AM

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

There seems to be some calculations error.

1 Like

This is getting annoying…

Oh, ok:

I was able to access my website yesterday, and I disabled one plugin that I think was a major cause of the problem (it was the custom one, who knew?), and instead of suspending for I/O limits 1 hour later, it suspended 13 hours later. Progress, I guess?

I think that means it was the plugins all along. Time to disable more plugins. Thanks for helping me solve this issue!

3 Likes

thats exactly what is happening with me. my account was getting suspended every day and then I deleted some plugins but It suspended 12 hours later and I’m waiting now
did your account still get suspended ? if no what the plugin that causes this problem ?

I would not worry too much about plugins if I were you. The same thing has been happening to me with a WordPress site that I migrated over from another server. I never hit any sort of limits with this website on the old server, and when I moved it over to InfinityFree, I did not add any plugins or scripts. It is the exact same site it was on the other server.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I start getting the i/o warnings, and eventually the suspensions, as described by the original poster. Well, I still had a backup of the site on the original server. So I just restored it there and fully deleted it off of the InfinityFree host. I figure, that should solve the problem. I almost went to delete the account entirely, but I decided to watch the i/o graph to see if it would change.

It did NOT. I got ANOTHER warning this morning, more than 10 hours after deleting everything off of the server. So I logged in and looked at the statistics graphs. The i/o graph is still a flat line ABOVE the limit line, not a saw-tooth pattern that you would expect to see if the limit was being reset on a daily basis. (hint, it is NOT).

Even more suspiciously, my file count did not drop, nor did my disk usage. Basically, all of my stats are still what they were when I had the WordPress site installed on the server. I left only three images and a single text-based html page. No javascript, no php, nothing but a fully static site. Four files in total. Probably under 1MB in size. Yet, the stats on the side of cPanel still list me at 184MB, 41% of my inode usage, and the i/o keeps going up.

So, you tell me. How the hell am I supposed to optimize my scripts and plugins when there aren’t any left?

The answer is obvious: you are all being played. You are NOT hitting any limits, you do NOT have any malfunctioning plugins or scripts. This is just an elaborate ploy to get you to purchase a premium account. Otherwise, why would I still be getting warnings? When I get suspended again, I will post here just to show you how messed up this all is.

You are being lied to. I personally do not put up with that crap. Back to my old host, I suppose. Elaborate schemes to take advantage of me only piss me off, and I cannot stay quiet about it.

It’s not. Most people would not buy a premium account if this was happening, they would just move to a different host. There is probably something wrong on iFastNet’s end. Additionally, there is always a way to optimize your site, no matter how basic it is.

Also, can you please provide a username (epiz_xxxx) so Admin can check your account?

1 Like

You might be right. I tend to forget about Hanlon’s razor.

Optimize away: epiz_29283431

p.s. the site was suspended again, AFTER deleting the entire wordpress site and all related files. I will be EXTREMELY interested to see how you optimize three images and a single html file.

Lol. Note that the statistics only reset once every 24 hours. I would keep your site as it is, and if you get suspended again, its almost definite proof that something is wrong with the system.

Use an image minifyer, reduce the HTML code, minify the CSS, ect.

1 Like

Who said anything about CSS? How would ANY of that contribute to i/o usage?

The IO limit is PHP only.

I just answered your question about how to optimize those things. Since you have no PHP, you should not be suspend for IO limit again.

1 Like

Yes, that same info is linked to on the suspension page. I know what the limit is measuring.

I deleted the wordpress site literally within five minutes of being reactivated. I was hitting refresh over and over until I could get back into cPanel. The FIRST thing i did was to delete the wordpress installation from softaculous. I got a 50% i/o warning a few hours later, and then another site suspension within 15 hours of the reactivation. How did it go through a 50% warning if it was still measuring old activity? How did it not DROP, even if it was still measuring OLD activity? Makes zero sense.

If what you are saying is correct, then I am currently suspended for disk acitivity that happened during the previous suspension. This makes zero sense, just like locking people out of cPanel and preventing them from investigating the problem during the suspension. It would be like the health department shutting down a restaurant for a health violation and then NOT letting them back into the building to fix the problem. That is an idiotic policy by any measure.

I know how to optimize images. This entire thread is in the context of i/o usage. I guess I should have been more specific. I meant to say that I would be interested to see how you can optimize these files TO REDUCE I/O USAGE. I apologize for leaving out the context of the entire thread from my sentence.

My Website is again and again suspended because of I/O Limit. I have removed Nameservers from Domain. but it is again and again suspending. why?

@traineemock, can your provide your epiz username?
Thanks

Just to be clear: iFastNet says there is no issue, but I think there is. The number of people reporting invalid IO suspensions is noticeable and looking at the data of those accounts it seems quite clear that this is a systems issue.

I just poked iFastNet to have another look.

3 Likes
  • 2021-09-30 16:07 - First i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-01 16:07 - Second i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-02 16:07 - Third i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-02 22:10 - First Suspension
  • 2021-10-02 16:07 - Fourth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-03 16:07 - Fifth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-03 18:07 - Sixth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-03 23:25 - First Reactivation
  • 2021-10-03 18:07 - Seventh i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-04 00:09 - Second Suspension
  • 2021-10-04 08:07 - Eighth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-04 23:07 - Ninth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-05 01:27 - Second Reactivation
  • 2021-10-05 02:12 - Third Suspension
  • 2021-10-05 08:07 - Tenth i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-06 03:27 - Third Reactivation
  • 2021-10-06 03:30-ish - Delete entire WordPress installation from server, including database, user, and ALL php files
  • 2021-10-06 09:07 - Eleventh i/o warning email
  • 2021-10-06 15:02 - Twelfth i/o warning email, nearly 12 hours since deleting WordPress entirely.
  • 2021-10-06 18:09 - Fourth Suspension, over 14 hours after deleting WordPress entirely
  • 2021-10-07 10:02 - Thirteenth i/o warning email, now over 30 hours since deleting WordPress entirely.
  • 2021-10-07 19:25 - Fourth Reactivation, i/o usage spiked during the suspension. See graph below.

I/O graph from October 7th:

2io.php

Contents of entire htdocs directory during 4th suspension and recent i/o spike:

Note that the i/o is still rising, and I am probably on my way to my next suspension already, as the warning was already sent this morning during the last suspension.

Thanks, I have not laughed this hard in a long time.

:laughing:

1 Like

OMG. I’d say there’s an issue :joy:

You may want to fix your image to btw.

1 Like

I swear to god that’s exactly what is happening with me. I deleted very much everything but there is always suspension cuz of io overuse.