I/O Suspension (x5)

Greetings,

One of my accounts just got hit with a “double suspension…” (edit: now a quintuple)

Either there’s something on my site that (unbeknownst to me) is using enough IO to suspend the site in not even an hour, or something’s going wrong with the IO limit counter… (not resetting, maybe?)
I saw this mentioned in a few other topics, and it would make sense…

I don’t see what could be using my resources this much on my site, I do have quite a few plugins enabled (it’s a Wordpress site), but a day or so before the suspension I removed an SEO plugin (Rank Math SEO) that looked like it was using a lot of resources (it fetched a copy of the site’s analytics every day, probably using a bunch of IO or other resources). I didn’t notice any other plugins that would use up IO as much as cPanel says I did.

Thoughts? I want to get this website back up ASAP, I actually use this one for something :joy:

• Turtle84375

What? Never heard of it…

The second one was happening before, unsure if it was solved though. The first may also be true.

Can you list them? It might be able to help us.

Please don’t do this. I spent over a minute tapping it, thinking it was an arrow like below. (Then I thought there was something wrong with my phone).

Like this arrow.

Sorry, wrong choice of words.

Actually, not really at the moment… it’s suspended for the next 20 or so hours. I could try to list them, but I might leave something out by accident. Here goes:

• Aryo Activity Log
  • WP-Ban
  • Ultimate Member
  • WooCommerce
  • (A custom plugin I copy-pasted from somewhere to stop admin emails from being sent when any member changes their password)
  • WPForms
  • WP Mail SMTP
  • The Events Calendar
  • Roles & Capabilities
  • Loginizer
  • Advanced noCaptcha & invisible Captcha (v2 & v3)

I’m pretty sure there’s more, but I can’t remember them at the moment.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But it’s a bullet point, not an arrow…

Based on my knowledge some may have contributed to the I/O though:

• Aryo Activity Log :white_check_mark:
  • WP-Ban❌
  • Ultimate Member❌
  • WooCommerce :grey_question:
  • (A custom plugin I copy-pasted from somewhere to stop admin emails from being sent when any member changes their password) :white_check_mark:
  • WPForms :x:
  • WP Mail SMTP :white_check_mark:
  • The Events Calendar :white_check_mark:
  • Roles & Capabilities :white_check_mark:
  • Loginizer❌
  • Advanced noCaptcha & invisible Captcha (v2 & v3) :white_check_mark:

For form’s, you can use google forms and embed that.

1 Like

Thanks for the overview!

One of the elements in my site’s theme (Onepress) uses WPForms (it makes it look a lot better), and it would be a pain/hassle to switch themes at this point.

Hm, that’s a lot of IO usage, but I think I can rule a few out. I haven’t used these ones in the past week for anything significant:

• WP Mail SMTP
  • Roles & Capabilities

Additionally:

• WooCommerce received 2 updates in the span of the last week, one of them was a relatively big one
  • Ultimate Member received 2 updates in the span of the last week, one of them was a relatively big one
  • The custom plugin I copy/pasted from StackOverflow doesn’t seem to be working

My point is, I know why it got suspended in the first place for IO limits, but I don’t know why it got double suspended…

Plugins keep contributing to the I/O usage. Once your suspension was lifted it would start the same again.

True, but I don’t see how the particular plugins I am using would cause an I/O suspension in under an hour… That’s what I would like to know, so I can remove the plugin that’s causing this, if it is the fault of a plugin at all.

1 Like

Reading the reviews of the plugin may help.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll have to find a way to access the list in the short time span between suspensions, if this pattern continues, which it looks like it might…

This is a new screenshot of the I/O graph from my account:

Screenshot 2021-09-28 8.06.33 AM

To me, it looks like it’s going down gradually, but isn’t it supposed to totally reset every day? Compare this one with the one in the original post, and you’ll see…

Based on this, and the fact that my account is set to reactivate in 2 hours (give or take), this account will most likely be suspended yet again, since the I/O graph hasn’t yet fallen below the limit line.

What a pain… :confused:

@admin, any thoughts?

Note that the graphs only update once every 24 hours.

1 Like

Duly noted.

Just as I thought, suspended again for I/O limits not even an hour after the previous suspension ended…

At this point, I just need to access my site in the 45 minutes when it’s not suspended so I can deactivate all of my plugins and work from there, this is getting ridiculous. I don’t want to start my site over from scratch, but if I can’t access it at the right time to download a backup, I might have to. I’m not at the computer all day either, unfortunately.

Another question to consider, why are my plugins, if they’re the problem, doing this now and not weeks ago when I had nearly all of these plugins installed? Just pointing that out. Trying not to overreact.

I think the limit might not be resetting…

Anyway:

2 Likes

I contemplated that, but would I still be able to re-add the domain? I’m using the free domain that I created when I made the account, and as far as I can tell the only way you can get another one of those is by creating a new account.

Bad plugin update possibly

1 Like

I suspect that this is may be the case too. I was told the issue was resolved, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ll ask iFastNet to check again.

2 Likes

Great, thanks!

T-3 hours until the suspension ends, and the I/O graph marker for today hasn’t dipped below the red line, probably will suspend again, unfortunately for me. :confused:

Screenshot 2021-09-29 8.42.26 AM

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

There seems to be some calculations error.

1 Like

This is getting annoying…

Oh, ok:

I was able to access my website yesterday, and I disabled one plugin that I think was a major cause of the problem (it was the custom one, who knew?), and instead of suspending for I/O limits 1 hour later, it suspended 13 hours later. Progress, I guess?

I think that means it was the plugins all along. Time to disable more plugins. Thanks for helping me solve this issue!

3 Likes