I still get the “Error establishing a database connection” message on my site

epiz_25464441 (koksalgurkan.com)

Error establishing a database connection

Other Information

After your message, I saw that my database is still not listed. I had a backup and I followed the restoring steps. I did see the restored db on control panel. I can see tables and the table rows, etc. However, after I restored my original db, I still get the “Error establishing a database connection” message on my site.

What should I do make things working again?

Thanks.

Please check your wp-config.php file and make sure that the database credentials match those of your hosting account.

That depends on whether the issue is specific to your account or not, which is understandably hard to tell. But I think that the issue you’re experiencing is a configuration error in your website, not a server issue, so this message shouldn’t be here.

So if this message didn’t answer your question, please create a new topic in Hosting Support.

2 Likes

I changed the credentials using ftp. When I refreshed the page, only a white page appeared. Then, just a few minutes later, after another refresh, my site turned into a suspended site.

What am I missing?

Great to hear that you had backup!
But keep it mind restoring backup is not only fix your problem!
You need to insert the new database credentials into the wp-config file(which is trying to connect database using old details only).

Can you let us know why you got suspended?

Daily Hit Limits!!!

This is not normal to happen

Without a sudden and spesific attack, it is very unlikely to happen. I am not an expert but I know that it shouldn’t be like this.

Does the site had high traffic?

It is my personal site and I have relatively low traffic considering this case.

This probably means it was bot traffic (DDoS Attack)

Considering as if it is a DDoS attack, what should I do? Me and my site have no relation with this and I need a solution. A little bit of guidance would be very helpful.

You can do nothing about this. Even if cloudflare exists, it still count as a hit and today… many ddos attacks can bypass cloudflare captcha or im under attack. I recommend you purchasing the premium plan of ifastnet or another hosting not related to ifastnet.

I was preparing for a change but I wasn’t fast enough. :slight_smile:

DDOS attack

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.