I want to change my domain name on Infinityfree

Hello everyone! I made a website on Infinityfree and the domain name ends to .epizy.com. I purchased a new domain through Cloudflare and I want to host in Infinityfree. I’ve read that Cloudflare wont allow you to change their nameservers. So, how do I procced? I’m new to this so I don’t know a lot. Your help would be much appreciated!

Follow this:

1 Like

You cannot do that for the next 60 days. Once 60 days is up, you need to move domain to a new registrar that support changing nameserver. Only then you can follow what @wackyblackie said

4 Likes

Hello, and welcome to the fourm!

You will have to set the nameservers of your new domain to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com to add it to your account, there is no other way.

Unfortunately, Cloudflare does not allow you to change the nameservers (As you mentioned). If you wish to use your new domain with Infinity, you will have to transfer it to a different domain provider, connect your account to InfinityFree, then follow the guide @wackyblackie posted.

3 Likes

I got myself into trouble without knowing it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I did all of the above and it redirects me to suspended-website.com.

Why do I need to wait for 60(!) days in order to make my website live?

You can try transferring you domain to another registrar now. Most likely you domain is locked for the next 60 days.

1 Like

Because the client area warned you to remove the domain before you deactivated.

And how can I transfer my domain if I can’t change the nameservers?

Oh right, just point it to another IP address

Transferring domain and changing nameservers are two different things

1 Like

Sorry, I’m new to this, so I don’t know a lot. I’m trying to experiment in my personal website. I just want to change my old free domain .epizy.com to the one I bought from Cloudflare if that’s possible.

1 Like

Just add through control panel. and make changes to the url in your CMS.

What @jaikrishna.t had stated will not work

2 Likes

Is there a step by step guide that you know I could follow? I don’t want to make the situation more difficult for me. :sweat_smile: Thank you!

I thought is was already established that you cannot change nameservers on Cloudflare domains.

Since you cannot do that, it brings up this question:

And the anwser is that you have to transfer your domain to a different domain provider. You cannot add your domain to the control panel unless it is on ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com.

That would be as follows:

1. Move your domain to a company that allows the changing of nameservers
  2. Set the nameservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com
  3. Add the domain to your account
2 Likes

Thank you very much for that response! One more question, do you know if I need to pay a fee for transferring my domain to another provider?

ICANN regulations state that you can only transfer a domain every 60 days, and with small fee. Most domain providers charge you for one year of registration when you transfer, so by transferring you domain you will also add one year to its expiry date.

Hope this is helpful!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.