Icegeek.tech

for example its google speed insights as well as yoast seo and many more known sources

they ended up with a message that is “Reduce initial server response time
2.98 s
Keep the server response time for the main document short because all other requests depend on it”

I am not professional in these

is there a step by step guide to my issues?

any guide??

Is there a step by step guide to the universe?

No!

The universe too complicated to be figured out in a single step by step guide. It isn’t static. That is to say, it isn’t the same for every sector.

In the same sense, your problem is not 100% similar to someone else’s problem, that they solved and wrote a tutorial about.

Coding is like a spectrum. Problems are different and solutions don’t work for everything.

That is why you learn what coding statements do, not memorize each individual series of statements that do a single thing (there is almost an infinite amount of combinations!). Why do you think that scratch has so little freedom while you could code a computer with assembly? That doesn’t go without problems, though. While some programming languages have more high-level features (things that require you to do less work), those features typically offer you less freedom and require you to even start out from scratch to achieve almost exactly the same behaviour as that feature offered, all because that feature isn’t flexible. Anyways, I’m getting kind of off topic, so back to what I was saying: learn yourself.

For starters, you could google “how to reduce request quantities for css and JS”, but to really do some damage on those pesky bugs and drawbacks, you need to know what you are doing :slight_smile:

You could also ask us about any problems. I am particularly obsessed with performance features and writing efficient code, although I am only a rookie at it.

4 Likes

I want to know how to speed up the first load of my website

As I said before, use a cron job. As @Thewebuser22 said, there is not a guide for everything, and please use Google do help yourself out as well.

In the control panel, there is a “Cron Jobs” spot, click it and set up a new job to run every 1hr and to load your homepage as the destination.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Just private message me here in IF :slight_smile:

or instead, you can put it here so everybody can help.

2 Likes

The “server” in “server response time” is not just the hardware and the hosting stack running on top of it. The PHP code running on the server also is a major contributor to server response time. And an outside viewer can’t detect which part is caused by your code and which part is caused by the runtime stack.

And WordPress has a mechanism that can explain the slow first load, which I explained here:

Here are the official docs about this: Cron – Plugin Handbook | Developer.WordPress.org

Since you seem willing to put in effort to improve this speed, you could follow this guide too: Hooking WP-Cron Into the System Task Scheduler – Plugin Handbook | Developer.WordPress.org This guide can be used to disable to on web request scheduler and use system Cron Jobs instead (which we also offer).

Just to be clear: I think this may help with the slow initial page load. I’m not sure if it does, or even if it works at all.

3 Likes

ok @admin thank you so much and thank you for correcting my idea I just want to know also how to remove unwanted js/css and minify them
when I used w3 cache plugin I made everything successfully but problems came like missing components…

1 Like

Is you use WP, I not sure you can compress those files, because than WP will not be able to find what it is looking for in the place that it is looking for it.

2 Likes

This is a really good JS minifier:

2 Likes

thank you

@admin i am still seeing 502 errors
when my website stays inactive for 1 day the first load after the delay is 502 error and after refresh it goes too slow
as well as, i am not knowing how to put cron job for my mainpage i can only put on pages and posts

Go to the control panel → Cron Jobs → and type the URL of your site in the destination box.

2 Likes

Did you also implement my suggestion completely and successfully? Of course the errors will keep happening until someone does something to fix it.

If you want to run a cron on the main page, just enter a single slash in the path.

But if you followed my instructions, you wouldn’t have a cron on the home page

2 Likes

I will work on it and tell you but one more thing, my website is loading as basic html (plain html) or i dont know how they call it ,before loading completely
Thank You

1 Like

I checked your website and I see the same thing.

Looking at the source code my browser receives, there seem to be some non-standard stuff to load the styling and a lot of things referring to rocket-something.

Could you please try disabling Rocket Loader in Cloudflare and see if that solves the issue?

Its Active
although the html does show for a few seconds.

yes i know but these few seconds affect seo

1 Like