Ide

Hello

So, I guess my school just booted me off the Adobe plan (I’m going to try to get them to give it back) they have :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:, so what is the best code editor for Windows since I can no longer use Adobe Dreamwever?
Thanks.

The storage on my computer will be happy about that, I guess. All those Adobe apps (That now no longer work) take up almost 25 gib.

I like Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/. It has IntelliSense, syntax highlighting, and many themes/fonts.

1 Like

I also have Notepad ++, which is like VS Code, but simpler.
And Visual Studio 2019 Community, It’s free, but works better for C/C++/C#/VB and requires large install packages.

I have used VS Code ( Visual Studio Code - Code Editing. Redefined) and Sublime Text ( Sublime Text - Text Editing, Done Right), both work amazingly!

Which class are you! Btw

@Greenreader9

Every adobe product is heavy,
a lot of service and startup items and often a lot of “unnecessary content”.

must it be an IDE or just an editor ?

I think your choice depends mostly on this questionnaire

a

1 Like

In dreamwever, I used the DOM panel, and the live preview feature. I also liked the syntax highlighting, and the fact that you could open a “Project” instead of just using ctrl-o all the time. Yes its huge, but it’s highly rated and was free :slight_smile:

Older than 13, less than 18, I’ll keep a bit of mystery for now :slight_smile:

What is the best one in your opinion @Oxy?

Is that really relevant? The point is that I used to use Adobe Dreamweaver for free, and now I can’t, so I’m trying to find a good alternative.

since you also use PHP
then I would say that it is most convenient for you to use VS Code
because it is free and relatively small.

and then you add the desired extensions

this is my list

but of course you need some time to get to know that program
how to see errors (debugger) etc…
fortunately there is an official help page

so it actually depends a lot on what kind of extension you put…
from loading some code in the browser (or split screen) to support for certain languages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.