Identifying High CPU load functions

Hi,
I was working on a website for a college project and it went dead (was suspended) about 2 hours before it was due. I didn’t realize my site would be high CPU load, it was plain html but I added a wordpress portfolio section. I didn’t know about the CPU load thing. In looking at the info it seems I did have a high inode count, it seemed to max out at 7000 or so out of 21000 or something. I’m not a total computer geek but have worked with wordpress in the past on a university website project (selfhosted) and it was bloody slow.

The point in all this is, is there some way to limit CPU load in wordpress? Like can I load in cpu processing or loadspeed limitations so I don’t throttle ifastnet/infinity’s server? I don’t really expect to get much use out of the website as it is only for school and the odd person who looks up the site, I will be doing a field placement for the next four months and won’t be shopping around the webpage that is more or less a resume at this point.

Anyway, anyway to get the suspend lifted in less than the 24 suspend period without transfering to a paid account?

That said, are there any tips on using wordpress and not throttling or is this impossible to avoid if using wordpress on an infinityfree account?

My website URL is: historicconservation.pro

What I’m seeing is: Your account was suspended because you hit the CPU Limits . Learn more about this limit.

Your account will be reactivated automatically in 23 hours from now.

Don’t want to wait any longer? iFastNet can migrate your website quickly and for free, even if your account is suspended!

I’m using this software: wordpress

Additional information: I think I know what happened and now understand there is a anti CPU throttle function for infinityfree accounts, but I am wondering if there is something I can code into wordpress to stop the throttling even if it means slower page loads.

Usually the plugins sometimes cause high cpu limit. Try to optimize your wordpress by uninstalling not used plugins, installing cache plugin and minimize script usage. Use cdn like cloudflare.

Always make backup of your site.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.