Important - Potential Website Hacker

Ok, so I was editing one of the files on my website today, and all of the sudden, I keep getting the message “the file has been overridden on the server”, but because I was already editing it, I just overrided that, all is good so far. Now, I went to eat for approx 10-15 mins, when I come back, all the files permissions had been changed. I couldn’t edit the file, or even view it on my browser. Luckily, I manged to delete it and I just replaced it. Im not sure how this has happened, and quite honestly I don’t want it to happen again.

Thanks

Probably a temporary bug, or it could have been detected as a bad script by iFastnet’s security system.

I don’t think it would have been disabled by a security system, there is nothing except text and a small bit of PHP that minifies the page source and checks whether your logged in or not. Maybe your right about it being a bug. But i’m not sure. It happened while my computer was turned off so it couldn’t have been the file manager.

1 Like

ifastnet’s security system is one of the wierdest. Even naming it aaa.php could detect it as a potential bad script.

But I think it was a one-time temporary bug.

1 Like

I hope so :grimacing:

1 Like

Umm, consider to change your password?

I already have.

If you don’t mind answering, can you give us some information:

• Filename you where editing
  • Folder that the file was in
1 Like

Well, for one its a bit private, so i’d rather not, and anway, there is nothing you can do by looking it at.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.