Increase in number of EP Limit Suspensions

Since the start of the month, when the resource limits were doubled, we have seen a sharp increase in the number of Entry Process suspensions.

Judging by reports here, these suspensions occurred on accounts with little activity and sometimes without any PHP code, which is not normal.

An issue has been identified and fixed by iFastNet on the 20th of April. Initial signals show that this fix has worked, but we’re still monitoring the situation.

If you are still experiencing repeated Entry Process Limit suspensions after April 20, please reply to this topic with your account username so we can investigate.

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

8 Likes

I have flagged and removed some irrelevant replies.

Please only reply if all of the following are true:

• Your website has experienced REPEATED entry process limit suspensions.
  • Your website has been suspended on the 21st of April or later.

If your account was only suspended once, it’s hard to conclude there is an issue. And if the last suspension was from the 20th of April or before, it means the fix worked and the issue was already resolved for you.

Any other errors or issues you may see on your website are out of scope for this topic. If you want help with those, please create a topic in Hosting Support and describe the issue there.

This is a system issue topic to discuss a system issue. Please keep the discussion on point and keep all the information in one place, and do not abuse it to share all kinds of unrelated issues. We have a separate category for those.

5 Likes

As a reminder, please only report your site if you have had repeated suspensions after April 21st. Reports that do not meet this criterion will be flagged and removed

The issue has most likely been solved for everyone, but there may still be a few accounts experiencing repeated suspensions.

4 Likes

I got 50% warnings after April 21

I checked your account and I see your CPU usage is also quite high, and all of the metrics show pretty decent usage. So I think that what you’re seeing is caused by your website actually generating a lot of server usage.

3 Likes

I am still getting Process limit redirections

This site/page has used all avaialble php / apache processes allowed on free hosting account.

epiz_21093665

1 Like

Username: epiz_24725754
Site: http://kraybillauction.rf.gd

My site was repeatedly suspended prior to the bug fix and I just got an email that I’ve used 50% of the entry process limit for today. I have no PHP on this site; static resources only. Also not much traffic either. I think my site may still be affected by the issue. Could you please take a look into this for me. Thank you!

Looking at all the reports, it does appear the issue hasn’t quite been solved yet.

It would seem that static websites get disproportionally affected by this. I don’t know why, but seeing how static websites consume very little server capacity it doesn’t make sense for them to be suspended so often.

I’ve passed these findings and reports along to iFastNet.

5 Likes

Not solved for epiz_25062097.
Got again suspended yesterday for the third time in a week (static site, no php), just by visiting and testing my site.

Hi there! I just got an email a few minutes ago telling me that my account epiz_27589303 due to ep overuse. :slightly_frowning_face:

Still having the issue with my account…
My website is slower and most of images don’t load with a 508 error.
Two days ago I have been banned 24 hours without getting to 50 000 hits, I didn’t understand why.

My account username is : epiz_25779914

(My website is not static and is running using PHP)

Again today…

Hi,

My account has been suspended for the second time - both since 20th April (first on 24th April and now again on 1st May).

We have no PHP (just static HTML) and normally only have website hits in single figures on any one day.

My account is epiz_27148879.

The website is katemercy.co.uk

It appears (from past responses to this) that this is due to work you’ve been doing on your own systems.

Is there any way that the suspension can be lifted before the end of the normal 24 hours ?

6 posts were split to a new topic: Repeated suspensions

A post was split to a new topic: Suspended Website

3 posts were split to a new topic: EP limit suspension / images do not always load

Okay this is third time my site has been suspended so far

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.