Infinityfree Hits

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

Not an error, just a question i have:
"How much hits do I have?
InfinityFree enforces a limit of 50,000 hits in a single day. Your hits usage counter is reset every 24 hours, but not necessarily at midnight.

If you reach 50,000 hits in a single day, your account will be taken offline for 24 hours. After 24 hours, your account will be reactivated automatically.

Additionally, if your website continuously gets a lot of traffic and uses many hits, we may ask you to upgrade as well."

Do you mean my whole account will go offline with each and every domain running on it? if yes, how much will it take to go online again? and why does that happen?

And why the whole account why not just the domain running?

Exactly as mentioned:

The hits are counted per hosting account, not per domain, as the same site could be served from other domains. If you want to host multiple, separate/unrelated sites, it might be best to create a new account for them, as you can have up to 3 free hosting accounts.

7 Likes

Didn’t notice it now, i just read it before and remembered to ask now, but okay thank you.

I was planning to make multiple domains, what’s the point of addon domains then.
Thank you anyway :sparkling_heart: :heart:

1 Like

You can host separate websites in one account, but they will share the hits limit if I am not mistaken. If you have smaller websites, that won’t be a problem, but if you have websites that are very popular and as such might exceed the limit, you may consider moving those to a seperate account as a solution.

You could also keep them all in one account and upgrade to premium hosting if that situation arises.

6 Likes

All domains on an account use the same pool of resources, and you can have up to three free hosting accounts.

Using Addon Domains is useful if you have more than three websites. And if some of the websites don’t need a lot of server space and power (because they are simple and don’t get a lot of traffic), it’s perfectly fine to host multiple of them on the same account.

Note that the same holds true for premium hosting: you can host multiple domains on the same account, but they share a single pool of resources. If one website gets a wave of traffic, other sites on the account will be affected by it. If you don’t want that to happen, you’ll need more accounts. But more accounts costs more money.

3 Likes

Yes, Thank you for the alternatives. :heart: :heart:

It’s kinda limited, but not for a startup tbh. The bad thing is that it takes 24 hours to go online again, thats all. But Thank you :heart: :heart:

This is true no matter who you host your website with. You may be able to speed it up by clearing your browser and DNS cache, or by using a different DNS provider.

3 Likes

@FaragK is referring to the 24-hour suspension, not DNS propagation.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.