Inodes used in my account is less than 30000. Still I am getting "DISK_QUOTA_EXCEEDED" Error

**My website URL is: sampleshoponweb01.gq

**What I’m seeing is DISK_QUOTA_EXCEEDED Error.

Inodes used in my account is (35 % (10377 of 30019)) less than 30000. Still, I am getting “DISK_QUOTA_EXCEEDED” Error. There are no useless folders/files in my File Manager that I can delete. There is just one folder named “magento2-2.3.2” which has not been uploaded completely due to this error. What is the problem ?

**I’m using Filezilla FTP.

Additional information:

For me it gives :
Autoload error
Vendor autoload is not found. Please run ‘composer install’ under application root directory.

Wondering are you getting this error when you’re visiting this folder?

No, not while visiting the folder.
But the error shows when I am trying to upload a folder via any FTP client: Filezilla or Monsta

I just checked the inode counter of your account, and it shows you’re at 100% inode usage now (50k out of 30k).

Please note that the inode counter is not a live indicator. The inodes of your account are counted once every so often. So when you were uploading your website, you probably uploaded more files than you could still hold on your account. And the counter still showed the number of inodes you had before starting the upload.

I checked a clean installation of Magento 2.3.2, and it seems like that script alone already has more than 50,000 files. Add to that that Magento is not a shopping system, it’s an extremely sophisticated all-in-one ecommerce solution, which requires high end, well optimized hosting to run properly. So I don’t think you can run Magento on any free hosting service.

2 Likes

For Magento you need Magento Optimzed Hosting Plans Only.
Or aleast a Dedicated hosting.
It doesn’t work well in shared hosting.
Therefore there is no chance in free hosting.
You can try static site generators for ecommerce.

1 Like

I’ve heard some people were going to try use Shoppy.gg

Although it definitely seems more of a “DIY” thing, it might be a good alternative if you have the time to set up things yourself.

They have an API and something for PHP.

It also looks like they have some Wordpress plugin, which might be the best route for non-developers.

Got it. Thank You.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.