IO overuse

Our IO usage only tracks file interactions of PHP. MySQL database usage is not included in the IO usage.

We can only guess why this happens. The system only collects daily counters per account. We have no data to pin down exactly when this happened or what triggered it. We don’t know your site, what’s happening on it and what could be causing the high usage.

1 Like

[/quote]
Okay thanks! That is actually very helpful - one of the recent changes I made (after twice being suspended) was to change sessions from database to file! Which would, if SQL is not counted, actually increase my IO use - which indeed it did, because for the next two days I had actually made it worse. I put it back last night and only got a 50% warning with one hour of the 24-hour cycle left. Perfect!

[/quote]

Yiou misunderstand me - I didn’t mean official admin help from you guys at infinityfree (unless you want to help!) - I merely meant assistance from this great community, if anyone had experience with this sh*t before, or related area. I myself am (was) a professional software & web deveoper, before I founded my own business during the lockdown, but sadly this is one area which my skillset is lacking in - at least to any degree of proficiency. I have a good background to work from, but just not quite enough to pinpoint the exact cause without a good deal of heartache ha.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the responses. I’ve made a few changes now, so I hope I have relieved the pressure somewhat. Since this is the website for my business, I really cannot afford to be offline for 24 hours a go - especially when it is more than once a week! - but at the moment I also cannot justify uprading to the premium service, either. Not yet anyway. I can handle being offline for a full 24 hours if it is a rare happening, the occasional outage. But every few days is a no no no

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.