Ioncube 7.1

I am trying to install Recruity. I am not able to get to the installation link because of the Ioncube Encoder:

Fatal error : The file /xxx/…/htdocs/bo19/index.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

I have read through the forum and have switched the PHP to 5.6 and nothing changes. Must of what I read was old, Aug 3… I believe was the oldest. I do see the Ioncube 24 is on the server. Any assistance with getting this program installed on my domain would be appreciated.

That error means that your code was generated with a version of ionCube for PHP 5.3. That means that your software is ancient. You can only run this software on PHP 5.3 (or maybe earlier). But the oldest version of PHP we offer right now is PHP 5.4.

That said, PHP 5.4 was released in 2012. If your software doesn’t support PHP 5.4, that software probably hasn’t been updated since at least that long.

So you could try to find a host which can run such ancient software, but I would recommend to consider migrating to newer, actively supported software which can run on modern PHP versions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. What about Group Office? I am attempting to install it using Softaculous via CPanel but after several tries it still says installation failed.

I don’t have experience with Group Office, but I can see in the screenshot that it requires a “Data Directory” which is outside the web accessible folder. Unfortunately, creating files outside of web accessible folders is not allowed on free hosting, so that won’t work.

Maybe you can bypass this restriction if you install Group Office manually, but it doesn’t appear that it can be installed through Softaculous.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.