[SOLVED] IPs 185.27.134.127 and 185.27.134.231 are down

Great news, both IPs are up!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: FTP Issue?

My website is still not available (thewowsignal.epizy.com IP:185.27.134.231). I am able to connect via FTP only. Can you please let me know how long will it take to fix it. It has been two days since it is not accessible.

They did come back up, but they are now down again.

Yes, it does appear that both IPs have gone down again.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

If you don’t want to wait, you can remove the domain from you account via the control panel, and add it to a new account. Make sure to backup your files.

4 Likes

I just received information from iFastNet about what is happening.

It appears that these IP addresses are the target of a DDoS attack. To prevent these attacks from causing any further damage, we were forced to take down these IP addresses.

As far as I know, these attacks are still going on after three days and it may take more days for the attacks to pass. Unfortunately, we can’t tell when the attackers will stop, and there isn’t a lot we can do about this issue until that happens.

As with most outages: if you don’t want to wait that long, you can setup a new hosting account and migrate your sites to it. FTP and database access is unaffected, after all.

6 Likes

how long??

An ETA is not known at this time. Once the attacker stops attacking the server, it will come back again.

6 Likes

Just as a friendly reminder to everyone:

• Yes, there is an outage. If you’re on the listed IP addresses, your website will be down. We know.
  • No, we don’t know how long as it’s going to take. We’ll bring the IPs back once the attack is over. But since it’s not us attacking our own infrastructure, we can’t plan or predict when that will be.
  • Please observe the outage communication rules in this topic. Please only post if you have something useful to contribute to the discussion.
5 Likes

But why can not YOU transfer this websites to a different server??

We can, but that would take a lot of time, and your files would be unavailable during the process. Plus, we can’t really migrate two (or more) entire servers to other servers, we would have to split it up between multiple different servers, then update the client area manually for every account moved.

So while it is possible, it would takes weeks, if not not months, to complete. But you can do it yourself in just a few hours (And for most of that time, you don’t even need to be by the computer).

3 Likes

How can I do this?

• Download a copy of your files
  • Download a copy of the database
  • Remove your domain(s) from the control panel
  • create a new account with the domain
  • upload your files
  • import your database.
2 Likes

and link again with my domain?

As long as the new account is on a live server, and after DNS propagation, then yes, it would work.

3 Likes

If you want your website immediately, here is what to do:

How to do that is also mentioned in this thread:

4 Likes

Transferring all sites to different servers is objectively a bad idea. It would be moving data from one good set of hardware to another good set of hardware. That can take up to a week. And the server itself is working perfectly fine, so why move the sites?

If we wanted to do something, it would be much easier to just assign different IPs to the same servers and call it a day. It’s the IPs that are being attacked, aren’t they?

So why don’t we do this? Because most likely the target of the attack is one of the websites on these IPs. If we’d move all websites to different IPs, we’d also be moving the targeted website to the new IPs. Which means now the new IPs get attacked and we’ve achieved nothing.

And that’s not to mention that assigning new IPs means the DNS settings need to be updated on all domains that have been reassigned. That creates it’s own set of problems, because DNS caching means it can take up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect. And for the people not using our nameservers, they need to manually update their DNS settings for the domain to work.

So in short, by reassigning IPs we’re basically creating guaranteed downtime for people, while it’s unlikely to do anything to stop the attack.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: My website 185.27.134.60

After almost a week my website is still unavailable (thewowsignal.epizy.com). My other websites are affected too (quite often I am getting ‘unresolved host’ error). Do you already know who the attacker is and how long will it take to solve the issue?