Is the CUrl is Enabled?

Actually i have created an online store using WordPress - WooCommerce.
And i have use Paytm plugin on it as payment gateway, all are set to the Paytm plugin. And all are ok. But when the final transaction process have to done, then it shows an error. So after i have aske to the paytm team about this matter, they said is my Curl is Enabled or not, so i asked you.
Please Admin tell me, is the Curl is Enabled? Because i don’t know, please tell me as soon as possible. Please.

Yes, cURL is enabled.

You say it shows “an error”? What does the error say?

Oh thank you so much for your reply.
And error is that, when the Paytm payment making final step, when we need to enter the OTP for the payment, when that page is opened, immediately the page redirect to an another page, and it shows: "Your session has expired!

This problem usually arises because you have cookies disabled or not accessible or has expired. You may start a fresh transaction again. Thanks".

That’s the error i have face.

How to execute cURL command for our website? How to open the terminal for my website??

I still don’t fully understand what tells which error. So you are redirected to PayTM to complete the payment, and then PayTM shows an error?

Nevertheless, I’m not sure I can help you with this. I’m not that experienced with WooCommerce and I’ve never used PayTM, so I don’t know why the two can’t work together.

First of all, please don’t hijack other’s people’s topic to asks your own, unrelated questions.

Second, cURL is not just a command line tool. cURL is also a PHP module, which means it can be accessed through PHP functions, rather than the command line: PHP: cURL - Manual

Hi. Now the problem is solved admin.
And now i can make transaction in my site.
And the problem was actually when the transaction in last step, when customers need to enter OTP to complete the transaction, then the page redirect to an another page it says Season Expiry, but now the problem is solved.

Hi. Admin, i have added a email account. And then i have asked to add a MX record to mx.epizy.com to my domain, so can i need to add it to the control panel MX record section? And can i set the Priority to 10?

And what is the emails limit? Please tell me.

If you’re using our nameservers, everything should be set up correctly already. But feel free to check the MX Records in your control panel to verify it.

If you’re using third party nameservers, you should check those yourself.

Note that the Cloudflare integration in our control panel doesn’t work with incoming email. So you will need to disable that if you’re using it.

Off the top of my head: 10 email accounts per hosting account, up to 10 MB of stored messages per email account.

Ok.
I want to know that, where i can add a TXT record, CNAME record, and SRV record, in which section i can add those in my cpanel?
Please tell me admin.

TXT records and SRV records are not supported on free hosting. CNAME records can be added through the control panel section conveniently called “CNAME Records”.

Ok. Actually i have search about this matter on this forum, and i see some topics, which tell that it can be added on cloudflare. And i have already connected my site to cloudflare, so i have added those on cloudflare.

Only one another problem i have face from last night, and the problem will be fix automatically after 3 hours from now.
The problem is that, my site is temporarily suspended due to hit the cpu limit.
But i want to tell you that, my site (WordPress store) is new. And not as popular yet. It maybbe some people visit my site, but the site is not get popular yet. only i have manage it in much more times. But want to know that, how it can be hit cpu limit? Is there any other reasons may be there to hit the limit? Please tell me admin.

The CPU limit is explained in more detail here: https://infinityfree.net/support/cpu-limit/

Having lots of visitors is one way to get a high CPU load, but you can also generate high CPU load yourself by running complex script. If you spend a lot of time installing and removing plugins, creating backups, performing updates, importing data and so on, that generates a high CPU load as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.