Is there a guide to migrate my website to Infinity Free?

I am trying to migrate my Wordpress website from another hosting service (currently freehostingnoads.net) to Infinityfree. The only way i know how to do it is through wordpress plugins (duplicator), but they don’t work because of the 10 mb limit (my backup is a 160 mb file). Is there a guide somewhere to help me do the migration through file tranfser, ftp or something?

Thanks for any help!

Try this

1 Like

If your website doesn’t use MySQL databases, moving your site is very easy. Simply upload all your files to the ‘htdocs’ folder on your hosting account with FTP or a file manager. If you have a PHP based website, check if it has any configuration files where a domain name or file path needs to be set. Update these values as required. If your website is using MySQL databases, you need to move the database contents as well and update the configuration of your website to use the database: Backup…
Or
Wordpress
Just Install All In One Wp Migration Plugin And Backup Your Website, Download The File
Reinstall The Plugin In Infinity Free And Upload The Backup
Might Not Be Uploaded If The Backup Size Is Too High

Please read the OP’s question before posting. WP sites use databases.

DO NOT USE BACKUP PLUGINS! They are an easy way to get yourself quickly suspended.

@Alter_Gtr, following the article @KangJL posted is the best way to do this.

1 Like

My site is a wordpress site, so it uses databases. Plugins like Wp Migration plugin won’t work because they use one backup file to install the website, and this file is of course over the 10 mb limit. I need to see how you can upload the website manually, which folders do i upload and where. I am not sure which folder is the wordpress database and which is the website data… Searched youtube with no luck so far, so remaining with my former hosting company unless i figure out how to do the migration…

Download from your old host

Step 1: File Backup

1. Connect to your website via FTP .

2. Find the HTDOCS folder you wish to backup.

3. Download the HTDOCS folder to your home computer and keep it in a safe place.

Step 2: MySQL Database Backups

1. Login to your control panel.

2. Open phpMyAdmin

3. Connect to the database you wish to backup

4. Click the EXPORT tab.

5. Select all your tables from the list

6. Click zipped compression at the bottom.

7. Click the Go button.

Load to InfinityFree

Step 1: File Load

1. Connect to your website via FTP .

2. Find the HTDOCS folder that you downloaded to your computer.

3. Upload its contents to the HTDOCS folder on your InfinityFree account

Step 2: MySQL Database Backups

1. Login to VistaPanel.

2. Open phpMyAdmin

3. Create a new database

4. Click the IMPORT tab.

5. Import the database your downloaded from your old host

Next, you will need to update your WordPress site.

1. Using FTP, download the wp-config.php file

2. Locate these lines, and update them to your InfinityFree information

define('DB_NAME, ‘db_name’);
define('DB_USER, ‘db_user’);
define('DB_PASSWORD, ‘db_pass’);

1 Like

Thanks for the help, i will try these steps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.