Is there a replacement for the mailto function?

I’ve tried to install a basic form for visitors to contact me but without success so I’m using the mailto: function as a replacement. However I learned that it’s against the Infinityfree rules to use that function.

Is there anything equivalent to a form or the mailto: function that will allow visitors to submit questions or feedback from my website?

I am not aware of a mailto: function. mailto: is something you can put before an email address in an anchor tag to trigger a new email message when clicked by the client device.

You can use SMTP here, it is the recommended alternative to PHP’s mail()

5 Likes

@Greenreader9

I was told in a different forum post that mailto: is not supported on Infinityfree. I’m not familiar with SMTP, I will have to look into learning how to use that. Thanks for the mention though Greenreader9 that gives me another option to consider.

Mailto as in the link?

for example, mailto:[email protected]?

3 Likes

@akshayan

Yeah that’s how I’m using it. It’s okay though I have my site on a paid account so no big deal I just wondered if that was the issue causing my accounts to be suspended.

Not unless the email address is a known spam address, no, that would not be the reason for suspension. My free website hosted here uses multiple “mailto” links (such a bad idea that is, but whatever).

2 Likes

@Greenreader9

No the email address is not a spam address I just created it a few days ago and haven’t really used it much at all. Anyway though your replies are greatly appreciated.

What is the reason for the failure?

Btw. using mailto only increases your SPAM mails because if the address is not adequately hidden, spam bots will find it easily…

Try this way

5 Likes

@Oxy

I was just about to open a new question about forms and as if you read my mind you not only explain how to use SMTP, you also point me to a free form with install instructions. I am so appreciative of your reply here and willingness to help me with some issues I couldn’t solve on my own. The support here at Infinityfree is the best. Thank you to all the people who take time from they’re lives to come here and help others. I hope nothing but the best for all of you, thank you all so much. You rock OxyDac. LOL

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.