Is this true?

I’ve used other iFastnet powered free hosting. They are similar to Inifinityfree.

On other platforms, the account suspension email has the following sentence in it (but InfinityFree doesn’t):

Free hosting accounts that are suspended over 40 times are not able to be reactivated / will not reactivate, you should upgrade if there is any doubt !

Will this happen on InfinityFree?

I’m quite worried. I’m afraid of data loss although I take a backup each 15 days.

@yezhiyi said:
I’ve used other iFastnet powered free hosting. They are similar to Inifinityfree.

On other platforms, the account suspension email has the following sentence in it (but InfinityFree doesn’t):

Free hosting accounts that are suspended over 40 times are not able to be reactivated / will not reactivate, you should upgrade if there is any doubt !

Will this happen on InfinityFree?

I’m quite worried. I’m afraid of data loss although I take a backup each 15 days.

Yes that is a very big chance.

Does @Admin know this?

@yezhiyi said:
Does @Admin know this?

I doubt he wouldn’t know.

If this happens on all other iFastNet powered hosting companies (why :cry:) then there is a high chance that it happens on InfinityFree too.

Only @Admin can confirm/deny it, and in the end why are you worried? The possibilities of getting suspended 40 times are not high!

1 Like

Yes, I know this and I can confirm this does happen.

Keep in mind that getting your account suspended for 40 times is a LOT. Which could mean that:

• Your website repeatedly hits resource limits. In which case you should consider upgrading your account anyways, because it’s clearly too heavy for free hosting.
  • Your website has some questionable content we don’t want to host to begin with.
  • Your website has repeatedly hit false positives. And while that’s technically our fault, it does put a lot of stress on support staff to have to reactivate accounts over and over again. And since we don’t get paid for the website, the only feasible option for us is to say “we can’t host this website”.

As for the backups, keeping your own backups is something everyone should do, regardless of suspension procedures. But you would notice before if your account would be suspended 40 times. And even if the website cannot be reactivated, you can almost always request for backups to be generated for you and made available to download.