A lot of people have already pointed out why this article makes no sense (and is more of a promotional post for their affiliate partner than a genuine informational article), but I would like to comment on a few specific paragraphs made in this article:
Although Free Hosting is a great place to start out, you should never go for the first free web host you come accross (unless it is a host recommended by us).
Yes and no. No, you shouldn’t go for the first host you come across. As with anything, you should do some research into the various providers and check which one is best for you. And not just blindly follow the recommendations of a single blog, especially if that blog contains affiliate links.
Pirated cPanel (Until Recently) For over 10 years, MyOwnFreeHost provided an unlicensed/pirated copy of cPanel to its customers. Although, within a matter of days of a customer complaining, they purchased a license for cPanel.
Possibly, but they stopped using cPanel long before InfinityFree started. And we’re older than ProFreeHost.
Out Dated cPanel (Until Recently) Until Summer 2017, MyOwnFreeHost still used the deprecated cPanel X3 Theme, which hadnt being updated for at least 4 years and was no longer officially supported.
They didn’t use the cPanel theme, they used a custom implementation of the theme for VistaPanel. Which did they still support until they moved to Paper Lantern.
Limited Features Clients of both InfinityFree and ProFreeHost receive the same limited cPanel feature set, as MyOwnFreeHost doesnt allow its resellers to choose what features are offered.
This is true, because VistaPanel doesn’t offer the full cPanel feature set. But this doesn’t make VistaPanel or InfinityFree objectively worse than other free hosts.
Hidden Limits MyOwnFreeHost has hidden hard limits, therefore unlimited free hosting offers from co-branded hosts such as ProFreeHost and InfinityFree arent even remotely true, if the fair use policy is followed.
- All limits are shown on the Account Statistics page and/or the control panel sidebar. There are no hidden limits.
- The same criticism can be made of literally any “unlimited” hosting offer. Processors, memory, storage and network with unlimited speed and size have not been invented yet. This goes both for free and paid hosts.
- Both ProFreeHost and we don’t say we provide unlimited hosting. We only say we provide unlimited disk space and bandwidth. We don’t say unlimited visitors or anything like that. Assuming everything is unlimited because some features are unlimited is wrong, and it’s unfair to hold your own poor understanding against us.
Secret Daily Visitors Limit MyOwnFreeHost May Offer 100GB Of Bandwidth as the real monthly visit, but they also limit you to 50,000 views per day, which includes robots, views by the same visitor and revisits from the same visitors.
- The 100 GB bandwidth limit is simply not true. That was true years ago, but isn’t anymore now.
- We say it in the control panel, we say it in the knowledge base, we say it in the premium hosting comparison. There is a 50,000 hits (not views) per day limit, and we try to communicate this as clear and as open as we can.
Blog4Geeks is Sponsored By
Case in point: the writer of this blog is just trying to slander us.