Is this true?

I found an article online and came across this:

https://blogforgeeks.co.uk/2018/05/06/avoid-infinityfree-and-profreehost/

I mean, I dont use IF anymore due to restrictions out of IF’s control but I did some research prior to even seeing this article and I can tell you there are ALOT of iFast resellers out there offering the same thing IF has.

I just wanted to know, that’s all.

Yes, that can be counted as true.

InfinityFree is partnered with iFastNet, But the pirated cPanel is fully false. InfinityFree offers vPanel like every iFastNet reseller. vPanel is a property of iFastNet. They don’t use cPanel. Also the old theme thing is wrong too. They added a new good theme to vP. You can find more information about VistaPanel from this website. And as you see it has an iFastNet copyright in the footer. For over 10 years, they provided vPanel and bought a cPanel license in the middle of summer, 2017…

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

InfinityFree is partnered with iFastNet, But the pirated cPanel is fully false. InfinityFree offers vPanel like every iFastNet reseller. vPanel is a property of iFastNet. They don’t use cPanel. Also the old theme thing is wrong too. They added a new good theme to vP. You can find more information about VistaPanel from this website. And as you see it has an iFastNet copyright in the footer. For over 10 years, they provided vPanel and bought a cPanel license in the middle of summer, 2017…

Yep! @Yagizhan-NeotiDev is right. The one who posted article is totally wrong and have no knowledge about MOFH.

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

Yep! @Yagizhan-NeotiDev is right. The one who posted article is totally wrong and have no knowledge about MOFH.

He’s not wrong actually. The limitation seems true.

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

How?

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

How?

The limitation still seems high but it may be 51% true i think. Nobody would allow it’s resellers to set limits to unlimited lol.

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev maybe I should change my username to PCTipsGR-NeotiDev here? (If only I could :lol:)

Anyways, to answer @Jenova’s Question, the one that wrote the article is probably someone who hates iFastNet/InfinityFree, probably some former client whose requests could not be made.

False things are mentioned like the 100 GB Bandwith limit (we know its Unlimited) and the “hidden limits”, which are not true in any way.

This one also here shows that the guys that wrote the post are not serious.

Although Free Hosting is a great place to start out, you should never go for the first free web host you come accross (unless it is a host recommended by us).

Unless it’s a host reccomended by us…

And who are you, to have a good question, that do not allow people to comment and say their opinion, and want us to trust you?

InfinityFree is a safe option to use. If only someone could takedown fake posts like this.

1 Like

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

@MAHOfficial said:

@Yagizhan-NeotiDev said:

How?

The limitation still seems high but it may be 51% true i think. Nobody would allow it’s resellers to set limits to unlimited lol.

Yes, there are reseller limits lol
but 50,000 Daily Limits are not hidden anyone can see them from vpanel. :smile:

@ChrisPAR said:
@Yagizhan-NeotiDev maybe I should change my username to PCTipsGR-NeotiDev here? (If only I could :lol:)

Anyways, to answer @Jenova’s Question, the one that wrote the article is probably someone who hates iFastNet/InfinityFree, probably some former client whose requests could not be made.

False things are mentioned like the 100 GB Bandwith limit (we know its Unlimited) and the “hidden limits”, which are not true in any way.

This one also here shows that the guys that wrote the post are not serious.

Although Free Hosting is a great place to start out, you should never go for the first free web host you come accross (unless it is a host recommended by us).

Unless it’s a host reccomended by us…

And who are you, to have a good question, that do not allow people to comment and say their opinion, and want us to trust you?

Yep! this guy had completely disabled the commenting system on his blog and also they had hidden their identity.

And who are you, to have a good question, that do not allow people to comment and say their opinion, and want us to trust

+1

Lol the team are here!
Hi @ChrisPAR @MAHOfficial @Yagizhan-NeotiDev!

@Jenova
Yes, it is true but I think there is something wrong with the article.

These are some of the false statements:

“Pirated cPanel (Until Recently) – For over 10 years, MyOwnFreeHost provided an unlicensed/pirated copy of cPanel to it’s customers. Although, within a matter of days of a customer complaining, they purchased a license for cPanel.”
This is completely wrong! They don’t use a pirated version of cPanel, this is a custom built Control Panel with Paperlantern theme installed.

“Out Dated cPanel (Until Recently) – Until Summer 2017, MyOwnFreeHost still used the deprecated cPanel X3 Theme, which hadn’t being updated for at least 4 years and was no longer officially supported.”

For their information, they are not using the cP deprecated X3 theme anymore, it is completely updated with the PaperLantern cPanel theme.

unless it is a host recommended by us

• 2nd paragraph/ 4th line

LMAO

How come a ~3 months old blog-styled site with no more than 50 articles has a credibility to tell someone what to choose?
Ref: Whois blogforgeeks.co.uk

I hope I was misunderstood. I mean, it’s okay to make a critics out of IF, but that phrase really triggers me.

All those limits are somewhat told inside ToS (implicitly) and Knowledgebase. So basically I don’t think IF is at fault.

Well, just spitting out my opinion. And I don’t think there’s any free hosting that allows us to use SSL (CMIIW)

@Joo_Nath it also triggered us, that is why I mentioned it.

Also, what they mention is completely wrong. They are not making a critic; they are just spreading wrong information and want people to trust them.

It’s good that you mentioned where you found it, and making a critic is also not bad, but only if you know how to support your claims and not spread wrong info.

A lot of people have already pointed out why this article makes no sense (and is more of a promotional post for their affiliate partner than a genuine informational article), but I would like to comment on a few specific paragraphs made in this article:

Yes and no. No, you shouldn’t go for the first host you come across. As with anything, you should do some research into the various providers and check which one is best for you. And not just blindly follow the recommendations of a single blog, especially if that blog contains affiliate links.

Pirated cPanel (Until Recently) – For over 10 years, MyOwnFreeHost provided an unlicensed/pirated copy of cPanel to it’s customers. Although, within a matter of days of a customer complaining, they purchased a license for cPanel.

Possibly, but they stopped using cPanel long before InfinityFree started. And we’re older than ProFreeHost.

Out Dated cPanel (Until Recently) – Until Summer 2017, MyOwnFreeHost still used the deprecated cPanel X3 Theme, which hadn’t being updated for at least 4 years and was no longer officially supported.

They didn’t use the cPanel theme, they used a custom implementation of the theme for VistaPanel. Which did they still support until they moved to Paper Lantern.

Limited Features – Clients of both InfinityFree and ProFreeHost receive the same limited cPanel feature set, as MyOwnFreeHost doesn’t allow its resellers to choose what features are offered.

This is true, because VistaPanel doesn’t offer the full cPanel feature set. But this doesn’t make VistaPanel or InfinityFree objectively worse than other free hosts.

Hidden Limits – MyOwnFreeHost has hidden hard limits, therefore unlimited free hosting offers from co-branded hosts such as ProFreeHost and InfinityFree aren’t even remotely true, if the fair use policy is followed.

1. All limits are shown on the Account Statistics page and/or the control panel sidebar. There are no hidden limits.
  2. The same criticism can be made of literally any “unlimited” hosting offer. Processors, memory, storage and network with unlimited speed and size have not been invented yet. This goes both for free and paid hosts.
  3. Both ProFreeHost and we don’t say we provide unlimited hosting. We only say we provide unlimited disk space and bandwidth. We don’t say unlimited visitors or anything like that. Assuming everything is unlimited because some features are unlimited is wrong, and it’s unfair to hold your own poor understanding against us.

Secret Daily Visitors Limit – MyOwnFreeHost May Offer 100GB Of Bandwidth as the real monthly visit, but they also limit you to 50,000 views per day, which includes robots, views by the same visitor and revisits from the same visitors.

1. The 100 GB bandwidth limit is simply not true. That was true years ago, but isn’t anymore now.
  2. We say it in the control panel, we say it in the knowledge base, we say it in the premium hosting comparison. There is a 50,000 hits (not views) per day limit, and we try to communicate this as clear and as open as we can.

Blog4Geeks is Sponsored By

Case in point: the writer of this blog is just trying to slander us.

Ok, I guess that is enough proof. I just wanted to know.

I really like this community but I had to leave due to restrictions beyond anyones control that I really needed (like free https and I cant use third party apps like auto posting to social media via WP).

Seeing as how the Admin has given a detailed explanation, I guess this can be closed to avoid “idiots”.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I found infinityfree through those “blog” sites whiles searching for site host providers, got bit curiosity and tried out infinityfree. Every claim they make is just out-of-date, misleading or misinformation surprised nobody has reported those yet.

But to be honest, i would recommend infinityfree to anymore it’s just fantastic host for free :slight_smile:

:lol:

The guy who wrote the article is @Kieran. I had suspected it when I saw that the writer of the article had experience with iFastNet, and that he made false claims on purpose.

Anger confirmed. He only wrote it to advertise his stupid hosting company and to scare potential customers of very good free web hosts who could compete him.

He really deserved that ban from @Admin.

If you want proof, chech his twitter: https://twitter.com/KieranCairns

@ChrisPAR said:

The guy who wrote the article is @Kieran. I had suspected it when I saw that the writer of the article had experience with iFastNet, and that he made false claims on purpose.

Anger confirmed. He only wrote it to advertise his stupid hosting company and to scare potential customers of very good free web hosts who could compete him.

Interesting find! I hadn’t noticed.

Kieran Cairns
Entrepreneur • Founder Of @VimlyHost, @NowYouHost, @ExabyteUK & https://BlogForGeeks.co.uk

The guy got banned from this forum because he was going around promoting his own hosting instead. This blog post is yet another attempt to discredit InfinityFree and promote his own services.

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

Kieran Cairns
Entrepreneur • Founder Of @VimlyHost, @NowYouHost, @ExabyteUK & https://BlogForGeeks.co.uk

The guy got banned from this forum because he was going around promoting his own hosting instead. This blog post is yet another attempt to discredit InfinityFree and promote his own services.

I didn’t know it was Keiran either…

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

Kieran Cairns

I know its a late post, I am actually with Vimly Host. They are what I have been looking for in a host. Not to say this IF is bad, because they are not, but all free hosting companies are different.

But I actually didn’t know this was that guy, and if I had known that earlier, I prolly would not be with them based on these facts.

In a shellnut: InfinityFree is great hosting, but not the hosting for me.