Issue with open cart and sql301.epizy.com

setting up open cart but it says it cannot find host name sql301.epizy.com

OpenCart is not supported on free hosting (Free Hosting does not have all the required elements on the server). You can use something like ZenCart, or upgrade to premium hosting to use OpenCart.
Thanks

1 Like

thanks for the reply, do you know what elements are causing the issue with opencart ?

From Admin:

The issue is that your OpenCart installation tries to load files from outside web accessible directories, but our server configuration prevents this.

oh thanks thats very useful information

i’ll look through the source code and see what its trying to load and patch it to load stuff from within htdocs

but does that explain the mysql error ?

Maybe this will help?

1 Like

If you copy and pasted the ‘sql301.epizy.com’ from the cPanel, when you paste it it adds a huge space at the end -

If there isn’t a space, then what KangJL and Greenreader9 said is what you should do

2 Likes

oo i did copy / paste

ty i’ll check that

yes this was the issue with the installer failing, im usually very careful when copying

this time i copy/paste again being extra careful just to highlight everything exactly and it installed perfectly thanks

admin login doesnt seem to work lol maybe its that think about trying to store something outside the htdocs but i would have thought accounts are stored in the mysql

anyways gonna take a look at the source code and see what i need to alter to make this run

thanks again :smiley:

1 Like

Let me know if you get it working!

will do

i got so far with it, broke it a few times and then my brain exploded lol

ive written down the 12 steps ive taken so far and will return for another try

will let you know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.