Let's Encrypt & OpenGraph | Not Sub Domain - The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers

Let’s Encrypt & OpenGraph | Not Sub Domain - The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers.

Upon checking the SSL via SSL Checker (sslshopper.com). It says that:

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider.

When trying to use OpenGraph, Facebook trying to throw this error:
SSL Error: Can’t validate SSL Certificate. Either it is self-signed (which will cause browser warnings) or it is invalid.
Curl Error: Curl error: 60 (SSL_CACERT)

That’s why I check my SSL information to see the problem, because my OG is not working to non sub-domain but back then the subdomain with ssl works before.

@Prunity, you can safely ignore it. Read this:

2 Likes

But I wonder why my OpenGraph doesn’t work.

Inferred Property
The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Missing Properties
The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

But I already have this settings already like:
I used https://www.opengraph.xyz to generate everything

did you install the certificate? which one did you choose? from where? hope you didn’t choose the self-signed!

Im using Free SSL Certificates - InfinityFree the ZeroSSL provider.

I’m trying to re-create a new one today.

I will try Let’s Encypt

I am now using Free SSL Certificates - InfinityFree Let’s Encrypt Provider and still the same output. OpenGraph not working

did you install the certificate?

Yes from Free Certificates every thing is fine except for the OpenGraph

This is the output in facebook debug

and also here’s the output of opengraph.xyz

This security system will block almost any tool that wants to generate OpenGraph tags (and most other automated access):

3 Likes

Try using Cloudflare. It will get around that restriction. You can also use it for SSL

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.