LetsEncrypt and TXT record support

Hello there,
Is there any planned support for native LetsEncrypt ACME support for SSL certificates and TXT record support in DNS zone? Any dates?
thanks.

We are looking into ways to provide free SSL. We don’t know yet if, when or how it will be available.

@UltimateNinja said:
Hello there,
Is there any planned support for native LetsEncrypt ACME support for SSL certificates and TXT record support in DNS zone? Any dates?
thanks.

Still you can use Cloudflare and mange DNS yourself and enjoy a better secure internet!

@Admin said:
We are looking into ways to provide free SSL. We don’t know yet if, when or how it will be available.

Thanks for the reply.
This is very easily possible if you give TXT records access.
And furthermore, If you give SSH access to FREE users, thats wonderful then. Using LetsEncrypt in automated manner will be possible then.

For this instance, giving access to TXT records is ok to get LE free certificates.

What do you say?? Would you do this… if I say ‘please’??

@Ranakhas said:

@UltimateNinja said:
Hello there,
thanks.

Still you can use Cloudflare and mange DNS yourself and enjoy a better secure internet!

Hello Ranakhas,
But, for using own DNS servers, InfinityFree should provide A/AAAA records to users. Otherwise, its’ not possible to use managed DNS. Some DNS providers doesn’t provide DNS flattening feature.

Am I correct?

@UltimateNinja said:

@Admin said:

Thanks for the reply.
And furthermore, If you give SSH access to FREE users, thats wonderful then. Using LetsEncrypt in automated manner will be possible then.

SSH access is not likely to ever be made possible. And even with SSH access, you would not be able to get Let’s Encrypt certificates either, because you still cannot complete the HTTP or DNS challenges.

@UltimateNinja said:
For this instance, giving access to TXT records is ok to get LE free certificates.

If only you could get everything you’d ever ask for simply by saying “please”.

Again, we’re looking into ways to provide it. If there was a really simple solution, we’d likely be offering it already.

@Admin said:

@UltimateNinja said:

@Admin said:

Thanks for the reply.

SSH access is not likely to ever be made possible. And even with SSH access, you would not be able to get Let’s Encrypt certificates either, because you still cannot complete the HTTP or DNS challenges.

@UltimateNinja said:

If only you could get everything you’d ever ask for simply by saying “please”.

Again, we’re looking into ways to provide it. If there was a really simple solution, we’d likely be offering it already.

Ohh… I did not mean ‘only me’, that was collectively us, free users. :smile:

Bdw, thanks for the reply.