Links are not pointing at .html files

On my website, I have a menu that links to various pages. (ex. page1.html, page2.html).
But for some reason, my links are giving me a 404 error. What’s strange is one of my links work and the other 4 don’t. This is even including a “home” button that points to my index.html.

I have tried:
./index.html , ./page1.html
/index.html , /page1.html
index.html , page1.html

The link that is working is using ./page4.html.

I am using winSCP and its displaying all of the documents inside my /htdocs directory. Please if someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello there,

Could you please provide us your site domain? So we could check this issue on our end as well.

maybe you can see a silly mistake i’m making or something else. Regardless thank you in advance for taking your time to look!

I think it’s somewhat a problem with the way how you configured the relative paths of your HTML files:
ifsf12gew7

As far as what I’m aware your contact.html file does not exist.

Then could you put a .html extension on your Contact page, I suspect that’s the issue or it could be that you just misplaced putting your files.
All of my links don’t have .html file.

Yes you’re correct I have no contact.html file. I have not uploaded it yet. I do however have a index.html , screens.html, and faq.html file. Neither of my index.html and or screens.html are working. Do you have any suggestions?

All of my files are in the /htdocs/ path. It’s just strange to me why my faq works and my screens/index does not.

Those links are absolutely working fine on my end, I press those buttons and it redirects me to the right pages without a problem.

This could be a problem with your browser and the cache of your browser, try clearing your browser cache or use another browser if issue is still persistent.

Edit:
Except for the Keychains and Designs, the two does not work, you still didn’t upload these files or did you already upload them?

1 Like

You were 100 percent right. It was just my cache this entire time. Thank you so much for the help. There is currently no files for the Key-chains nor designs. Thank you for everything!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.