Loading seems slow especially after a redirect

If a cURL call is slowing down your website, that usually indicates that there is a problem with the endpoint you’re connecting to. You can mitigate these effects by setting the timeout options in cURL, so your script can terminate cURL so you can handle the error, instead of letting the server terminate your script.

But in this case, the issue is indeed that access to the Discord API is blocked due to abuse.

4 Likes

Is there a way you can review my code to verify what I’m doing isn’t abusive and give me an off chance whitelist? Or are you not willing to do that :confused:

That wouldn’t be possible, because then everyone that wanted to use the Discord API would want this whitelist.

Yes @TigerMANEK426 is right but why discord, you can also use an Alternative to discord, if discord not is required to you.

If everyone wanted this white list they’re more than welcome to show code, if they’re not willing to show code then they’re not willing to get whitelisted?

2 Likes

We never do special requests. Special requests take a lot of staff time to review, staff time takes a lot of money, and you’re not giving us any money.

If you feel your site is important enough to warrant that kind of personal attention, it should also be important enough to spend $20 per year on for a Premium Lite hosting account at iFastNet.

3 Likes

I didn’t think I was special enough, I didn’t think it’d take a long time but if that’s the case then no problem, I was just asking anyways

Well, you’re asking us to disable security measures we purposely installed and manually dig through your code to figure out it’s safe.

Vetting code can take a long time if you need to skim thousands of files to ensure that nothing bad is being done in it. That’s more likely to take hours instead of minutes.

And that’s assuming that it’s possible at all to lift this restrictions for individual accounts in the first place. These blocks may be implemented on the server level, in which case that would have to be implemented first.

So no, it’s not just looking at your account for a minute or so and clicking a button, if that’s what you thought.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.