Migrating Site?

epiz_27666533

Not seeing error message yet, just not sure how to proceed.

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

Hi, I followed the instructions on migrating my site from localhost to InfinityFree, but they seem to end right after I update my wp-config file. What do I do now? Is there a longer version of the step by step instructions?

The reason the steps end after updating the config file is because for many websites, that’s all you need to do!

If you’re moving from localhost to production with WordPress, the only thing you’ll probably want to change is the website URL: Changing The Site URL – Documentation – WordPress.org

And that should be it!

4 Likes

Hi!
Thanks for responding. I’m actually migrating from localhost, I don’t see where I would change the site URL in config.php. But I think my problem might be something else now.

After I got through changing the config.php file, I went to upload a copy of the site using FileZilla FTP. Everything transferred successfully, but I’m not sure what to do next. I got an error telling me to “type faster next time”, but I don’t know what I was supposed to type :laughing: Then I get disconnected from server.

This is what I see when I connect to the server now.

It seems the files are there, but I’m still getting the “your website is ready” page when I go to my URL: astestsite.infinityfreeapp.com. I think I’m just missing a step. Newbie alert!

Thank you again,
Amy

Delete index2.html or rename it outdex.html as index2.html is higher in the directoryindex of the default .htaccess [outside htdocs]

@Amys25
Hi

You need to put the files directly on the root of htdocs and not in the subdir
and keep the existing files/folders structure but only without subdir “DREvarts-4”

if you want your WP to be called only with astestsite.infinityfreeapp.com
and not with http://astestsite.infinityfreeapp.com/DREvarts-4/

btw. edit the config to reflect the DB host, DB name, and other data you can find in the Client area

sometimes it is much easier to install WP via Softaculous app installer (control panel) and then overwrite the files, DB, and edit the config so that it reflects the real state as far as DB and other things are concerned

3 Likes

That’s the server kicking out your old FTP connection for inactivity.

You don’t need to type anything, FileZilla “types” the commands for you. But you may need to reconnect to continue your work.

5 Likes

Thank you! Do I need to re-upload or can I just drag into htdocs? I think what I did wrong was I dragged the files into the top box on the right side of FileZilla, not bottom as I subsequently saw in a YouTube video. I don’t mind having the longer URL - this is just so my team can view the site as we work to complete it.

Also, I already changed my db info in config - did I do that wrong too? I’m worried that there are issues with my db. OMG - I feel so dumb!

1 Like

Thank you. I think I’m getting closer…

Thanks again to all for helping!

I have gotten the files to the right spot - the URL is correct now, but I’ve already changed my config.php and still getting the “error establishing a database connection” message. I turned on debugging in config.php and this is the full error message:

Warning : mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘epiz_27666533’@‘192.168.2.192’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1635

Deprecated : mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1667

Warning : mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ‘epiz_27666533’@‘192.168.2.192’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1667

Access denied for user 'epiz_27666533'@'192.168.2.192' (using password: YES)

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql210.epizy.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Does this mean there’s a problem with my database? I checked and all of my config settings are correct.

Again, thank you thank you thank you!

Checked the code in the file suggested above, but I am still learning, so I don’t know if it’s correct or not…

99.999% of the time this is an error in the configuration of your site.

I would recommend copy-pasting the settings whenever you can. This includes the password. This is important because the password generator does not exclude lookalike characters. So when typing the password manually, it’s easy to make mistakes between a zero and an capital o.

2 Likes

Hi Again and Thanks for replying. I did copy and paste and have double checked the config settings multiple times, though I will again. Is the MYSQL hostname supposed to be a URL? “sql210.epizy.com” that’s what was in the client area for me. Can you please check out this error message below? It references lines of code…

I added “true” to: define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true); Then I got the following error message when going to the site:

Warning : mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘epiz_27666533’@‘192.168.2.192’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1635

Deprecated : mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1667

Warning : mysql_connect(): Access denied for user ‘epiz_27666533’@‘192.168.2.192’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_27666533/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1667

Access denied for user 'epiz_27666533'@'192.168.2.192' (using password: YES)

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql210.epizy.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

I found the two lines of code that are referenced in my wp-db.php. file, but I don’t know if they are right or wrong. Just learning coding. There’s an image above in this thread of the lines in question, thanks!
Amy

Did you created database? It should epiz_something_databasename

Well, which password are you using?
note that the database password isn’t same with the password you’ve chosen while registering infinityfree, your website database password can be find at ClientArea->(your website)->Account details section.

But are using this password?

Let me take the 00.0001% and for a testing:

1. try to change the password of your website through ClientArea->(your website)->Edit Account account and then wait a bit, then use that password in wp-config.php
1 Like

Then you have a very weird copy paste system. Because the password in the client area starts with the capital letter O and the password in your config file starts with a number zero.

So again, 99.99% of the times this is a configuration error. This case is part of that vast majority.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.