MS FrontPage FTP Address

I have recently started using Infinity Free as my ISP is shutting down their website hosting support and I have always used Frontpage to FTP my files to the site.

The FTP address that is supplied here is “ftpupload.net” but Frontpage does not seem to like it.

Are you able to supply me with an FTP site/address that will work with Frontpage.

I am currently using FileZilla as a temporary measure, but I would prefer to stick with Frontpage if I can.If not, FileZilla will suffice for my needs.

My site is a person list of Favourites. Nothing special, just a list of links so I can access them from anware in the world.

TIA

Website URL

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

These may help

2 Likes

Thankyou for your reply, but I have used all the information you have provided already and Frontpage wont even let me put the FTP server address into the field required.
I enter ftpupload.net and when I press OK nothing happens, so I cant even get to the point where I can put in my credentials. :slight_smile:

Can you show a screenshot?
Did you try this?

1 Like

I dont know where the logs are in Frontpage??? I tried ftp.epizy.com and had no success???

This from FIleZilla
Resolving address of ftpupload.net
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…

1 Like

Also tried 185.27.134.11 …no success

m last host address was ftp://www4.tpg.com.au

I guess you have to use filezilla then

3 Likes

Microsoft Frontpage is ancient software that got it’s last big update 20 years ago. And it might be that their built-in FTP functionality is too old and doesn’t work with modern FTP servers.

One thing you could try though is to enable Passive FTP. And you may also want to set the FTP Directory to htdocs, or whatever directory your domain is linked to.

If that doesn’t work, then I think you’ll have to export the files locally and upload them with FileZilla instead. And maybe consider looking around for a new website builder that’s still being maintained.

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
I have already tried your suggestions with the same result.
I am aware that Frontpage is ancient, but I am no programer and it has always worked for me. Obviously I need to find something else or just put up with the fact that I need to use it to make any changes and upload using FileZilla. I can cope with that.
Is there any website builers you would recommend that would not require me to do a heap of work to continue as i do already. As stated before, my pages dont do anything except provide me with a list of my favourites where ever I am in the world so I dont want to waist a lot of time rebuilding it.
I have tried Dreamweaver in the past but found it too much work for what I needed. :slight_smile:
Thanks again for your help so far. :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.