It appears that multiple hosting volumes are down.
All accounts hosted on the following hosting volumes are affected by this:
vol3_5 vol3_6 vol3_7 vol3_8
You can see which hosting volume your site is on in the client area, in the Account Details panel.
UPDATE: The volumes listed above came back online around 25 Nov 11:00 UTC. But an hour later, the following volumes went down:
- vol 15_2
Since the hosting volumes are down, you’ll see a wide range of issues related to files. We have described them here:
At this time, the key symptoms are that websites return connection timed out errors, and FTP returns the “421 - Home directory not available - aborting” error.
Databases are a key feature that are not affected.
We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.
If you have a usable backup of your website files, you could consider is to remove the affected domain name from the account it’s on, and create a new account with it, or move it to a different account. This allows you to get the site back up. You will not be able to retrieve the files from your old account, but you can export the databases of your website.
If you need the files from your old account, all you can do right now is to wait. With the hosting volume down, we also have no way to generate a backup of your site for you.
- Nov 24, 18:00 UTC: The first issues started to show on these volumes.
- Nov 24, 20:15 UTC: The volumes went down completely.
- Nov 25, 08:15 UTC: This announcement was made.
- Nov 25, 11:00 UTC: The vol3_X volumes came back online.
- Nov 25, 11:55 UTC: The next set of hosting volumes went down.
We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.
However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.
In a nutshell:
- Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
- Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
- Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
- If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
- If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
- If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
- If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.
Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.