MX incorrect on 1 of 5 nameservers after 60 hours

My website URL is: lakepointsuperior.com

About 10pm central time on 11/13/19, I updated the mx records for this domain. The domain is registered at goDaddy and from the goDaddy admin, it is pointed at 5 infinityFree name servers. They are:
ns1.byet.org
ns2.byet.org
ns3.byet.org
ns4.byet.org
ns5.byet.org

Since the mx update on 11/13, all but one of these name servers are returning the correct mx records. ns4.byet is not. As a result, email delivery is failing intermittently.

I’m using Test DNS server records online (query A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, PTR, SPF, SRV, NS, TXT, or all available) to query the name servers.

TLDR: I need ns4 to return same mx records that are being returned by other 4 name servers, so that my emails will be consistently delivered.

Is there any thing I can do to make this happen?
Thank you

Go to control panel, in the email section, click MX Entry to create/ delete MX records.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I have done that. And 4 of the 5 infinity free name servers are returning the correct mx records. So I don’t think it’s a configuration issue; but rather a problem with that one nameserver.

Hmm, very strange, it does indeed look like ns4 is returning the wrong MX record. I’m going to have someone look into this.

In the mean time, you can safely remove ns4.byet.org from your domain name. Your domain name can safely operate using only 4 nameservers, and this will ensure all DNS servers used will return consistent results.

1 Like

Just rechecked, all name servers (including ns4) are now returning the correct mx records. Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.