My website was suspended due to i/o limit

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or https://m-shorts.mayankvikash.ml/

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message : I/O limit reached

(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Hi @Admin
I am a student developer and have recently made my own short video sharing platform, M SHORTS. Note: I have never used WordPress or anything similar because in our college we are teached to do everything on your own.

So the problem is, my account was suspended due to io limit, I have read your documentation and I don’t think I have uploaded or downloaded a large number of files, and my platform is also a project so, it also don’t have so much views that will become load on server.

Wait, my account is going to active soon, but I guess its my duty to report this error to you. Please check if their is some problem or not.
Thanks and regards,
Mayank

Seems to be violating TOS, please check to make sure.
Anyway, website looks phishy… it is redirecting to other sites…

2 Likes

Hey,
Do you have any idea what are you saying, this is my one of the biggest project, I have spent months on making this platform, and those other website links are called ads, so please open your eyes and at least respect the hardwork, I have not used wordpress, it is completely made on my own, and I am going to submit it for my college project. Your words made me really sad.

What that means?

So what?

Your ads have re-directed me to phishing/malware sites.
I have also encountered instances of crypto sites, which is in violation of TOS.

If your ads have undesirable content. Be prepared to be suspended

2 Likes

Wait, that are not my ads, and who told you to click, if you are clicking then it’s your fault and I have nothing to do with these ads, my ad network has placed them. And you are watching these ads in the last but you can’t watch my hardwork above those ads, and note: those ads are in the last, the ads which are in the top of the websites, they are not from fishing sites. And I guess you should learn some manners, how to talk to minors.

This is what your website did. I did no clicking at all

Vidyard Recording?

Vet through your ad network to see if they are reputable. In the end you are still responsible for what is on your website even though it is placed by your ad network

1 Like

Hello,
Wait I guess there is some problem, I guess this happened: You went to any website and it installed redirecting cookies on your browsers, that will redirect you to ads, mostly software downloading website contains these types of cookies, can you please check that have you visited any website like this in the past and reinstall your browser. I will discuss it with my ad network and my ad network is trusted, it is Adsterra the best alternative to Adsense, go check their Wikipedia and I can guarantee you that this is not my mistake even I don’t like ads like this you shown in the videos, Please give me a day to discuss it with my friends and teachers, hope they will help me.
Thank You for reporting this problem, and I also have a proposal for you, I make projects like this for my college and I would be glad if you test them and check for any errors.
Regards,
Mayank

1 Like

We do not allow video sharing sites on our hosting. The IO usage was probably caused by reading and writing the video files, which means the limit is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do: prevent people from abusing and overloading the server storage.

I’m sure that this is not what you want to hear after months of work. But “it took me a lot of time” is not a valid reason to host sites here which specifically violate our terms.

If you want to host a video sharing site, you also need to get suitable hosting for it. And for video hosting, that’s not cheap.

1 Like

Hi Admin,
I told you before it is a College Project, and I haven’t made it for doing any kind of business, like YouTube. I know that there is already a high load on server, that’s why I have host the video files on Github and I have just embedded them here, I have also used Cloudflare to reduce server load, now everything is working fine and I want to repeat that this platform is 100% made for educational purpose.
Thank You for your assistance and I will do something to reduce this io usage, let me discuss it with my friends,
Mayank

I deleted the post, that is what it means.

1. Remove the AdNetwork, replace it with a trusted one, like AdSence. In the end, you are responsible for all ads on your site.
  2. Use YouTube to host your videos. You can set then as “Unlisted” and still embed them on your website.

Thanks for your suggestion but I have better option than YouTube to host my videos, I am a student developer but not a noob, I also have 7 years of experience. So I know some basic stuffs.

And I have discuss with my ad network account manager, he said: they don’t even have any redirecting ads, the ads may be from another website hat got installed in that guy’s pc.

“M SHORTS is a free short video sharing platform, developed by Mayank Vikash”

Found this on your site. Please note that you are violating the TOS.

2 Likes

Wrong. Still getting the same redirect on a freshly installed linux machine. Stop blaming others and take responsibility for your own action

Vidyard Recording?

2 Likes

Why would you put ads on a project for college?

3 Likes

What difference does it make?

We provide free hosting to everyone. And everyone gets the exact same free hosting. We don’t have additional goodies or relaxed rules for educational use. You do not get to overload our servers or violate the terms in other ways “for educational purposes”.

Kinda curious what you used for that. Because GitHub is a code hosting system, so I’m pretty sure they don’t want you to use it for file/media hosting and distribution.

In any case, using third party storage may still result in heavy disk IO usage and bandwidth usage.

The rule is simple: “no video hosting sites”. No exceptions. This includes using third party storage.

2 Likes

Why, what does that means, this is the best way of earning profit: Your friends will come to see how your website works and I have place ads to earn some bucks, I also need money to live and I can’t just ask from my parents. Hope you understand, if you didn’t, just try to remember your college days.
Regards,
Mayank

Wait wait guys, you have just filled up my email inbox.

I know I can’t host videos on github and I also can’t host any video website on infinityfree.net

But please try to understand, I need marks, because in the previous test, I scored only 14 out of 20. Hope you will understand.

I will take it down after showing it to my teachers.

I am repeating again, I need a good job and for that I need marks, I will make sure this website doesn’t become a load on server and I am not requesting any additional resources, I will manage with what I have.

And for that github problem: I have a github student account and I guess I am allowed to use it for my projects.

And I am facing lots of errors and bugs in this platform, please let me fix that first then I will also fix that ads problem.

Why am I showing ads?
=> Someone asked this, so the answer is: buddy I don’t have a job, I also need money and I can’t ask it everytime from my parents, so I have place ads only for my friends, I mean when my friends will come to see how this works and how I made this, I will earn some bucks from that, please understand my situation.

Hope you can relate my life from your college life and understand how much pressure I have, please understand.

I don’t need any other resources I am happy with what I have and I will manage. And I have found a solution for that i/o use, please give me few days to implement it.

Wish me a luck for my tests.
Best Regards,
Mayank